Oct 16, 2012, 11:21 AM EST
A.J. Price was back in his native New York (he’s a Long Island guy) last night as the starting point guard of the Washington Wizards. He’s only starting because John Wall is injured, but he was starting nonetheless and he had some of friends in the Barclays’ Arena in Brooklyn for a preseason game against the Nets.
After the game, Williams smacked Price a little and let him know where he was playing. From the New York Post.
“He started talking for no reason,” Williams said. “I didn’t do anything. He said, ‘I’m home.’ I don’t know what that means.
“I guess he had some boys in the crowd that he wanted to impress or something like that while he can with the little minutes he’s going to get this year.
“[I told him] it’s my home now.”
It’s starting to sound like an Under Armour commercial where Williams starts yelling “I will defend this house!” So we’ll just leave it there.
But that’s about as intense as preseason games will ever get. Which really isn’t much, but we’re ready for some basketball with passion and meaning, so we’ll take it.
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 0
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20