Oct 16, 2012, 11:21 AM EDT
A.J. Price was back in his native New York (he’s a Long Island guy) last night as the starting point guard of the Washington Wizards. He’s only starting because John Wall is injured, but he was starting nonetheless and he had some of friends in the Barclays’ Arena in Brooklyn for a preseason game against the Nets.
After the game, Williams smacked Price a little and let him know where he was playing. From the New York Post.
“He started talking for no reason,” Williams said. “I didn’t do anything. He said, ‘I’m home.’ I don’t know what that means.
“I guess he had some boys in the crowd that he wanted to impress or something like that while he can with the little minutes he’s going to get this year.
“[I told him] it’s my home now.”
It’s starting to sound like an Under Armour commercial where Williams starts yelling “I will defend this house!” So we’ll just leave it there.
But that’s about as intense as preseason games will ever get. Which really isn’t much, but we’re ready for some basketball with passion and meaning, so we’ll take it.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50