Oct 16, 2012, 11:21 AM EDT
A.J. Price was back in his native New York (he’s a Long Island guy) last night as the starting point guard of the Washington Wizards. He’s only starting because John Wall is injured, but he was starting nonetheless and he had some of friends in the Barclays’ Arena in Brooklyn for a preseason game against the Nets.
After the game, Williams smacked Price a little and let him know where he was playing. From the New York Post.
“He started talking for no reason,” Williams said. “I didn’t do anything. He said, ‘I’m home.’ I don’t know what that means.
“I guess he had some boys in the crowd that he wanted to impress or something like that while he can with the little minutes he’s going to get this year.
“[I told him] it’s my home now.”
It’s starting to sound like an Under Armour commercial where Williams starts yelling “I will defend this house!” So we’ll just leave it there.
But that’s about as intense as preseason games will ever get. Which really isn’t much, but we’re ready for some basketball with passion and meaning, so we’ll take it.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 18
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47