Deron Williams, A.J. Price have some words (and a push)

Oct 16, 2012, 11:21 AM EST

A.J. Price was back in his native New York (he’s a Long Island guy) last night as the starting point guard of the Washington Wizards. He’s only starting because John Wall is injured, but he was starting nonetheless and he had some of friends in the Barclays’ Arena in Brooklyn for a preseason game against the Nets.

Which means his ego was involved and he was trying to put on a show. That led to him getting in Deron Williams face. Which Williams found kind of amusing. The video is above (hat tip to SLAM for it).

After the game, Williams smacked Price a little and let him know where he was playing. From the New York Post.

“He started talking for no reason,” Williams said. “I didn’t do anything. He said, ‘I’m home.’ I don’t know what that means.

“I guess he had some boys in the crowd that he wanted to impress or something like that while he can with the little minutes he’s going to get this year.

“[I told him] it’s my home now.”

It’s starting to sound like an Under Armour commercial where Williams starts yelling “I will defend this house!” So we’ll just leave it there.

But that’s about as intense as preseason games will ever get. Which really isn’t much, but we’re ready for some basketball with passion and meaning, so we’ll take it.

1. kasek1 - Oct 16, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Ohh God, so in your little world that D.Williams guy with UA contract is Deron? Seriously, I am disappointed.

2. flyrocket31 - Oct 16, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Brooklyn’s jerseys are pretty basic and boring.

• skinsfanwill - Oct 16, 2012 at 2:51 PM

They look like cheap Spurs jersey’s. Let Jay-Z rap, but don’t let him pick out the jerseys.

3. sellahh - Oct 16, 2012 at 12:24 PM

It was a dirty play by Price so I don’t know why you’re bashing DWill who did nothing and said nothing, basically.

4. deadeyedesign23 - Oct 16, 2012 at 2:27 PM

“It’s my home now”

That’s gangster as hell.

5. mannyfresh209 - Oct 16, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Deron Williams would make Price look like one if the showgirls on the Price is Wrong had that actually been a situation worth escalating. I call folks like Price, Pre-Game All-Stars

• skinsfanwill - Oct 16, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Price should be lucky that he is playing “by default”. Get outta here A.J. with that bench gangster mess. You are from Long Island.

• badintent - Oct 18, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Long Island is NY, NY is badintent. Badass badintnet. “You’re fired badass badintent.”…………………..Donald Trump, Jamaica, Queens Long Island, NY

6. tommy972 - Oct 16, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Price apparently has never played physical basketball before.

Can Rockets, Grizzlies keep up hot starts?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches