Oct 16, 2012, 11:19 PM EST
Better to get this done now than during the regular season.
In the Celtics loss to Philadelphia Monday night, Darko Milicic aggravated a wrist injury. Tuesday he is getting a cortisone shot in right wrist and will miss a couple of Celtics preseason games, reports A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com.
Celtics coach Doc Rivers said that Milicic would miss tonight’s game against Brooklyn in addition to Thursday’s game on the road against the Nets in Brooklyn.
“It’ll be better after the shot,” Milicic said.
A couple of games now is nothing. The Celtics need to have both Darko and Kevin Garnett ready to go when the season starts, particularly with it looking like Chris Wilcox may not be ready to soak up some minutes.
Boston could use a lot of solid minutes out of Darko this season to help keep Garnett’s minutes down.
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 0
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 5
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 4
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 13
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 13
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)