Oct 16, 2012, 11:19 PM EDT
Better to get this done now than during the regular season.
In the Celtics loss to Philadelphia Monday night, Darko Milicic aggravated a wrist injury. Tuesday he is getting a cortisone shot in right wrist and will miss a couple of Celtics preseason games, reports A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com.
Celtics coach Doc Rivers said that Milicic would miss tonight’s game against Brooklyn in addition to Thursday’s game on the road against the Nets in Brooklyn.
“It’ll be better after the shot,” Milicic said.
A couple of games now is nothing. The Celtics need to have both Darko and Kevin Garnett ready to go when the season starts, particularly with it looking like Chris Wilcox may not be ready to soak up some minutes.
Boston could use a lot of solid minutes out of Darko this season to help keep Garnett’s minutes down.
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 2
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 20
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 31
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 45
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 33