Oct 16, 2012, 11:19 PM EDT
Better to get this done now than during the regular season.
In the Celtics loss to Philadelphia Monday night, Darko Milicic aggravated a wrist injury. Tuesday he is getting a cortisone shot in right wrist and will miss a couple of Celtics preseason games, reports A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com.
Celtics coach Doc Rivers said that Milicic would miss tonight’s game against Brooklyn in addition to Thursday’s game on the road against the Nets in Brooklyn.
“It’ll be better after the shot,” Milicic said.
A couple of games now is nothing. The Celtics need to have both Darko and Kevin Garnett ready to go when the season starts, particularly with it looking like Chris Wilcox may not be ready to soak up some minutes.
Boston could use a lot of solid minutes out of Darko this season to help keep Garnett’s minutes down.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32