Oct 16, 2012, 11:19 PM EDT
Better to get this done now than during the regular season.
In the Celtics loss to Philadelphia Monday night, Darko Milicic aggravated a wrist injury. Tuesday he is getting a cortisone shot in right wrist and will miss a couple of Celtics preseason games, reports A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com.
Celtics coach Doc Rivers said that Milicic would miss tonight’s game against Brooklyn in addition to Thursday’s game on the road against the Nets in Brooklyn.
“It’ll be better after the shot,” Milicic said.
A couple of games now is nothing. The Celtics need to have both Darko and Kevin Garnett ready to go when the season starts, particularly with it looking like Chris Wilcox may not be ready to soak up some minutes.
Boston could use a lot of solid minutes out of Darko this season to help keep Garnett’s minutes down.
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 0
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 3
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 1
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 5
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 25