Oct 16, 2012, 11:19 PM EST
Better to get this done now than during the regular season.
In the Celtics loss to Philadelphia Monday night, Darko Milicic aggravated a wrist injury. Tuesday he is getting a cortisone shot in right wrist and will miss a couple of Celtics preseason games, reports A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com.
Celtics coach Doc Rivers said that Milicic would miss tonight’s game against Brooklyn in addition to Thursday’s game on the road against the Nets in Brooklyn.
“It’ll be better after the shot,” Milicic said.
A couple of games now is nothing. The Celtics need to have both Darko and Kevin Garnett ready to go when the season starts, particularly with it looking like Chris Wilcox may not be ready to soak up some minutes.
Boston could use a lot of solid minutes out of Darko this season to help keep Garnett’s minutes down.
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 0
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 1
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 16
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 42
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 7
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45