Oct 16, 2012, 3:53 PM EST
Mbenga was reportedly leaving a Dallas area restaurant around 4 a.m. when he ran into some police then ran into some trouble.
As Mbenga was trying to leave the restaurant, two Dallas police officers were walking in.
The 7-1 center put his palm on the chest of one of the cops and said, “You move out of my way.”
The officer stopped and said, “You don’t touch police, let alone make that statement.”
To which Mbenga — perhaps, in hindsight, inadvisably — responded: “You want to go? I do what I want, so you move out of the way!”
The report said it didn’t take long before officers realized the 31-year-old Mbenga was intoxicated. That led to a fun trip to the police station.
There have been rumors of teams (including the Raptors) interested in him, at least as a possibility in case of injury to a player on the roster. This arrest doesn’t really help that cause.
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 14
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 14
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 28
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2