Oct 16, 2012, 3:53 PM EST
Mbenga was reportedly leaving a Dallas area restaurant around 4 a.m. when he ran into some police then ran into some trouble.
As Mbenga was trying to leave the restaurant, two Dallas police officers were walking in.
The 7-1 center put his palm on the chest of one of the cops and said, “You move out of my way.”
The officer stopped and said, “You don’t touch police, let alone make that statement.”
To which Mbenga — perhaps, in hindsight, inadvisably — responded: “You want to go? I do what I want, so you move out of the way!”
The report said it didn’t take long before officers realized the 31-year-old Mbenga was intoxicated. That led to a fun trip to the police station.
There have been rumors of teams (including the Raptors) interested in him, at least as a possibility in case of injury to a player on the roster. This arrest doesn’t really help that cause.
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 0
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 10
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 16
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 49
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11