Oct 16, 2012, 3:53 PM EDT
Mbenga was reportedly leaving a Dallas area restaurant around 4 a.m. when he ran into some police then ran into some trouble.
As Mbenga was trying to leave the restaurant, two Dallas police officers were walking in.
The 7-1 center put his palm on the chest of one of the cops and said, “You move out of my way.”
The officer stopped and said, “You don’t touch police, let alone make that statement.”
To which Mbenga — perhaps, in hindsight, inadvisably — responded: “You want to go? I do what I want, so you move out of the way!”
The report said it didn’t take long before officers realized the 31-year-old Mbenga was intoxicated. That led to a fun trip to the police station.
There have been rumors of teams (including the Raptors) interested in him, at least as a possibility in case of injury to a player on the roster. This arrest doesn’t really help that cause.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 25
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 29
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4