Oct 16, 2012, 3:53 PM EST
Mbenga was reportedly leaving a Dallas area restaurant around 4 a.m. when he ran into some police then ran into some trouble.
As Mbenga was trying to leave the restaurant, two Dallas police officers were walking in.
The 7-1 center put his palm on the chest of one of the cops and said, “You move out of my way.”
The officer stopped and said, “You don’t touch police, let alone make that statement.”
To which Mbenga — perhaps, in hindsight, inadvisably — responded: “You want to go? I do what I want, so you move out of the way!”
The report said it didn’t take long before officers realized the 31-year-old Mbenga was intoxicated. That led to a fun trip to the police station.
There have been rumors of teams (including the Raptors) interested in him, at least as a possibility in case of injury to a player on the roster. This arrest doesn’t really help that cause.
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 16
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 21
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)