Oct 16, 2012, 3:53 PM EDT
Mbenga was reportedly leaving a Dallas area restaurant around 4 a.m. when he ran into some police then ran into some trouble.
As Mbenga was trying to leave the restaurant, two Dallas police officers were walking in.
The 7-1 center put his palm on the chest of one of the cops and said, “You move out of my way.”
The officer stopped and said, “You don’t touch police, let alone make that statement.”
To which Mbenga — perhaps, in hindsight, inadvisably — responded: “You want to go? I do what I want, so you move out of the way!”
The report said it didn’t take long before officers realized the 31-year-old Mbenga was intoxicated. That led to a fun trip to the police station.
There have been rumors of teams (including the Raptors) interested in him, at least as a possibility in case of injury to a player on the roster. This arrest doesn’t really help that cause.
- Blake Griffin with as powerful a putback dunk as you’ll see (VIDEO) 8
- PBT Podcast: What is with the slumps of Miami, Indiana? Plus of course Phil Jackson talk. 0
- Extra Pass: Beyond Phil Jackson, Knicks should see Tim Hardaway as instrumental to their future 7
- Wednesday NBA grades: Brooklyn is all about The Truth 9
- Truth too much for Heat, Brooklyn knocks off Miami 26