Oct 16, 2012, 1:33 AM EDT
They played a fun game over at CSNChicago.com — what if they put together an All-NBA team just of current players in the league who are from or played high school ball in Chicago?
It’s a damn good team. You could win a lot of games… heck, you could contend with it.
Your starting five: Derrick Rose at point, Dwyane Wade at the two guard, Shawn Marion at the three (he did move to Tennessee right before high school, if you want to be picky), Kevin Garnett (South Carolina born but moved to Chicago for high school), Anthony Davis at center. Then you can bring Evan Turner and JaVale McGee in off the bench. Tony Allen is your defensive stopper.
Pretty impressive group, and it gets deeper. Check out the entire slide show.
It also could be a fun game to play with other cities like Los Angeles and New York. Not so much with Boise, though.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 0
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 28
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 17
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 42
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 15
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6