Oct 16, 2012, 1:33 AM EDT
They played a fun game over at CSNChicago.com — what if they put together an All-NBA team just of current players in the league who are from or played high school ball in Chicago?
It’s a damn good team. You could win a lot of games… heck, you could contend with it.
Your starting five: Derrick Rose at point, Dwyane Wade at the two guard, Shawn Marion at the three (he did move to Tennessee right before high school, if you want to be picky), Kevin Garnett (South Carolina born but moved to Chicago for high school), Anthony Davis at center. Then you can bring Evan Turner and JaVale McGee in off the bench. Tony Allen is your defensive stopper.
Pretty impressive group, and it gets deeper. Check out the entire slide show.
It also could be a fun game to play with other cities like Los Angeles and New York. Not so much with Boise, though.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 20
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49