Oct 16, 2012, 1:33 AM EDT
They played a fun game over at CSNChicago.com — what if they put together an All-NBA team just of current players in the league who are from or played high school ball in Chicago?
It’s a damn good team. You could win a lot of games… heck, you could contend with it.
Your starting five: Derrick Rose at point, Dwyane Wade at the two guard, Shawn Marion at the three (he did move to Tennessee right before high school, if you want to be picky), Kevin Garnett (South Carolina born but moved to Chicago for high school), Anthony Davis at center. Then you can bring Evan Turner and JaVale McGee in off the bench. Tony Allen is your defensive stopper.
Pretty impressive group, and it gets deeper. Check out the entire slide show.
It also could be a fun game to play with other cities like Los Angeles and New York. Not so much with Boise, though.
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 2
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 5
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6