Oct 16, 2012, 1:33 AM EST
They played a fun game over at CSNChicago.com — what if they put together an All-NBA team just of current players in the league who are from or played high school ball in Chicago?
It’s a damn good team. You could win a lot of games… heck, you could contend with it.
Your starting five: Derrick Rose at point, Dwyane Wade at the two guard, Shawn Marion at the three (he did move to Tennessee right before high school, if you want to be picky), Kevin Garnett (South Carolina born but moved to Chicago for high school), Anthony Davis at center. Then you can bring Evan Turner and JaVale McGee in off the bench. Tony Allen is your defensive stopper.
Pretty impressive group, and it gets deeper. Check out the entire slide show.
It also could be a fun game to play with other cities like Los Angeles and New York. Not so much with Boise, though.
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 5
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 1
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 5
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 1
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 7
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 25
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 11