Oct 16, 2012, 1:33 AM EST
They played a fun game over at CSNChicago.com — what if they put together an All-NBA team just of current players in the league who are from or played high school ball in Chicago?
It’s a damn good team. You could win a lot of games… heck, you could contend with it.
Your starting five: Derrick Rose at point, Dwyane Wade at the two guard, Shawn Marion at the three (he did move to Tennessee right before high school, if you want to be picky), Kevin Garnett (South Carolina born but moved to Chicago for high school), Anthony Davis at center. Then you can bring Evan Turner and JaVale McGee in off the bench. Tony Allen is your defensive stopper.
Pretty impressive group, and it gets deeper. Check out the entire slide show.
It also could be a fun game to play with other cities like Los Angeles and New York. Not so much with Boise, though.
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Santa brings Warriors top spot, lump of coal for Knicks 9
- Clippers, Mavericks, Rockets and Kings reportedly interested in signing Josh Smith 15
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 56
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 27
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 13
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20