Oct 16, 2012, 1:33 AM EST
They played a fun game over at CSNChicago.com — what if they put together an All-NBA team just of current players in the league who are from or played high school ball in Chicago?
It’s a damn good team. You could win a lot of games… heck, you could contend with it.
Your starting five: Derrick Rose at point, Dwyane Wade at the two guard, Shawn Marion at the three (he did move to Tennessee right before high school, if you want to be picky), Kevin Garnett (South Carolina born but moved to Chicago for high school), Anthony Davis at center. Then you can bring Evan Turner and JaVale McGee in off the bench. Tony Allen is your defensive stopper.
Pretty impressive group, and it gets deeper. Check out the entire slide show.
It also could be a fun game to play with other cities like Los Angeles and New York. Not so much with Boise, though.
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 2
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 9
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 11
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 4
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 23
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 13
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 49