Oct 16, 2012, 3:38 PM EDT
The Celtics have had a problem this preseason — when Kevin Garnett sits, opposing centers are having a field day. It wasn’t pretty when he rested a game Monday night. Doc Rivers sings the praises of Dark Milicic and Jason Collins as if that is going to solve the problem when the games matter. Not sure I’d bet on that.
Back spasms kept Wilcox out of Monday night’s game against the 76ers. In fact, they’ve kept him out of every C’s preseason game and practice dating back to before their trip to Europe….
“I don’t even know, honestly… The way I look at it, if Eddie [Lacerte, the C's trainer] is talking to me about Wilcox, that means he’s close,” Doc Rivers said Monday. “The fact that he hasn’t mentioned Wilcox’s name over the last four days, means he’s not close.”
Well, that’s not good.
It’s far, far too early for serious concern in Boston. But the quality of backup play defensively in the paint and defense on pick-and-rolls have got to improve if Boston is going to get anywhere near its goals for this season.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29