Oct 16, 2012, 3:38 PM EST
The Celtics have had a problem this preseason — when Kevin Garnett sits, opposing centers are having a field day. It wasn’t pretty when he rested a game Monday night. Doc Rivers sings the praises of Dark Milicic and Jason Collins as if that is going to solve the problem when the games matter. Not sure I’d bet on that.
Back spasms kept Wilcox out of Monday night’s game against the 76ers. In fact, they’ve kept him out of every C’s preseason game and practice dating back to before their trip to Europe….
“I don’t even know, honestly… The way I look at it, if Eddie [Lacerte, the C’s trainer] is talking to me about Wilcox, that means he’s close,” Doc Rivers said Monday. “The fact that he hasn’t mentioned Wilcox’s name over the last four days, means he’s not close.”
Well, that’s not good.
It’s far, far too early for serious concern in Boston. But the quality of backup play defensively in the paint and defense on pick-and-rolls have got to improve if Boston is going to get anywhere near its goals for this season.
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 0
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 0
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 3
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 20
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 9
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 33
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8