Oct 15, 2012, 10:55 AM EDT
Jeff Green is long and athletic, and when he gets going he can put up some highlights. It’s fun to see those on the court again.
But Celtics broadcasters, do us all a favor: Stop comparing Jeff Green to James Worthy. Stop. It. You’ve done it for a few games now. I get that you can say Green has a Worthy-like build (although we can debate it), but that is where the comparison ends. Worthy had impeccable fundamentals, had the best first step in the game at that time, played smart and most importantly brought his skills every night on both ends. Green has yet to show any of that. Worthy is a Hall of Famer, a top 50 player of all time. Green is not in that conversation.
Hat tip to Celtics Blog.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 46
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18