Oct 15, 2012, 10:55 AM EDT
Jeff Green is long and athletic, and when he gets going he can put up some highlights. It’s fun to see those on the court again.
But Celtics broadcasters, do us all a favor: Stop comparing Jeff Green to James Worthy. Stop. It. You’ve done it for a few games now. I get that you can say Green has a Worthy-like build (although we can debate it), but that is where the comparison ends. Worthy had impeccable fundamentals, had the best first step in the game at that time, played smart and most importantly brought his skills every night on both ends. Green has yet to show any of that. Worthy is a Hall of Famer, a top 50 player of all time. Green is not in that conversation.
Hat tip to Celtics Blog.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 82
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20