Oct 15, 2012, 10:55 AM EST
Jeff Green is long and athletic, and when he gets going he can put up some highlights. It’s fun to see those on the court again.
But Celtics broadcasters, do us all a favor: Stop comparing Jeff Green to James Worthy. Stop. It. You’ve done it for a few games now. I get that you can say Green has a Worthy-like build (although we can debate it), but that is where the comparison ends. Worthy had impeccable fundamentals, had the best first step in the game at that time, played smart and most importantly brought his skills every night on both ends. Green has yet to show any of that. Worthy is a Hall of Famer, a top 50 player of all time. Green is not in that conversation.
Hat tip to Celtics Blog.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30