Oct 15, 2012, 10:55 AM EDT
Jeff Green is long and athletic, and when he gets going he can put up some highlights. It’s fun to see those on the court again.
But Celtics broadcasters, do us all a favor: Stop comparing Jeff Green to James Worthy. Stop. It. You’ve done it for a few games now. I get that you can say Green has a Worthy-like build (although we can debate it), but that is where the comparison ends. Worthy had impeccable fundamentals, had the best first step in the game at that time, played smart and most importantly brought his skills every night on both ends. Green has yet to show any of that. Worthy is a Hall of Famer, a top 50 player of all time. Green is not in that conversation.
Hat tip to Celtics Blog.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 0
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 23
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15