Oct 15, 2012, 10:55 AM EDT
Jeff Green is long and athletic, and when he gets going he can put up some highlights. It’s fun to see those on the court again.
But Celtics broadcasters, do us all a favor: Stop comparing Jeff Green to James Worthy. Stop. It. You’ve done it for a few games now. I get that you can say Green has a Worthy-like build (although we can debate it), but that is where the comparison ends. Worthy had impeccable fundamentals, had the best first step in the game at that time, played smart and most importantly brought his skills every night on both ends. Green has yet to show any of that. Worthy is a Hall of Famer, a top 50 player of all time. Green is not in that conversation.
Hat tip to Celtics Blog.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 0
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 3
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 27
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 31
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 39
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 10
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17