Oct 15, 2012, 8:59 PM EDT
Honestly, I’m not quite sure what to say here.
We’ll start at the beginning: Marvel and ESPN have teamed up for a new LeBron James comic book, which you can now check out on your iPad or Internet enabled device of choice. This has been in the works for a while and is titled “LeBron: King of the Rings.”
It’s about everything LeBron has to do to keep winning those rings he talked about back at that 2010 pep rally. But it’s played very over-the-top, tongue firmly implanted in cheek, which makes it sort of work for me. I mean, it’s hard to go wrong with zombie Shane Battier. Or Russell Westbrook adding a robot arm. Or.. I don’t want to spoil it, but you get the idea.
I’ll be up front here, my expectations of this were so low it was going to be hard for this to live down to them. It didn’t. Did that make it good? Kind of an “eye of the beholder” thing and as I feel like I’m not the target demographic here so I’m not going to give it a big thumbs up or down. I tend to think Marvel comic characters are more interesting (than say DC) because they are flawed, but that really was not going to happen here. That is not the goal. So it is what it is.
A backhanded compliment of “not as bad as I expected” sounds more fitting for me. You may feel differently one way or the other.
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Live Extra: Watch Sharks-Kings, Game 4
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Andy Murray out of French Open due to back injury
- PFT: Woodson returns to Raiders for up to $4.3M
- Play Video: Metta World Peace the weatherman
- Play Video: Eastern Conference finals preview
- Play Video: Heat gearing for another physical battle
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars