Oct 15, 2012, 9:19 AM EDT
Our early leader for strangest injury of training camp goes to…
Kevin Love. He sat out Minnesota’s Saturday preseason game because of a sore elbow he got from sleeping. Yes, sleeping in the wrong position. That’s his story and he’s sticking to it. From the Star Tribune.
Love didn’t bang it or hyperextend it while playing only the first quarter Friday in Indianapolis. No, he instead slept with his right arm extended off his bed all night Friday and when he awoke Saturday morning, he said he could barely lift a basketball.
“I couldn’t shoot it 10 feet,” he said.
Clearly Love needs to get an Al Jefferson bed.
This isn’t serious and Love is supposed to be back at practice this week and play the rest of the team’s preseason games.
Still, I would have paid good money to see him try to explain this to old-school coach Rick Adelman.
- Sunday NBA grades: Nene, Aldridge lead day where big men shone 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s Trail Blazers claw back for Game 1 win over Houston Rockets 0
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 9
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 15
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8