Oct 15, 2012, 9:19 AM EST
Our early leader for strangest injury of training camp goes to…
Kevin Love. He sat out Minnesota’s Saturday preseason game because of a sore elbow he got from sleeping. Yes, sleeping in the wrong position. That’s his story and he’s sticking to it. From the Star Tribune.
Love didn’t bang it or hyperextend it while playing only the first quarter Friday in Indianapolis. No, he instead slept with his right arm extended off his bed all night Friday and when he awoke Saturday morning, he said he could barely lift a basketball.
“I couldn’t shoot it 10 feet,” he said.
Clearly Love needs to get an Al Jefferson bed.
This isn’t serious and Love is supposed to be back at practice this week and play the rest of the team’s preseason games.
Still, I would have paid good money to see him try to explain this to old-school coach Rick Adelman.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 0
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 2
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13