Oct 15, 2012, 9:19 AM EDT
Our early leader for strangest injury of training camp goes to…
Kevin Love. He sat out Minnesota’s Saturday preseason game because of a sore elbow he got from sleeping. Yes, sleeping in the wrong position. That’s his story and he’s sticking to it. From the Star Tribune.
Love didn’t bang it or hyperextend it while playing only the first quarter Friday in Indianapolis. No, he instead slept with his right arm extended off his bed all night Friday and when he awoke Saturday morning, he said he could barely lift a basketball.
“I couldn’t shoot it 10 feet,” he said.
Clearly Love needs to get an Al Jefferson bed.
This isn’t serious and Love is supposed to be back at practice this week and play the rest of the team’s preseason games.
Still, I would have paid good money to see him try to explain this to old-school coach Rick Adelman.
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 0
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8