Oct 15, 2012, 9:19 AM EST
Our early leader for strangest injury of training camp goes to…
Kevin Love. He sat out Minnesota’s Saturday preseason game because of a sore elbow he got from sleeping. Yes, sleeping in the wrong position. That’s his story and he’s sticking to it. From the Star Tribune.
Love didn’t bang it or hyperextend it while playing only the first quarter Friday in Indianapolis. No, he instead slept with his right arm extended off his bed all night Friday and when he awoke Saturday morning, he said he could barely lift a basketball.
“I couldn’t shoot it 10 feet,” he said.
Clearly Love needs to get an Al Jefferson bed.
This isn’t serious and Love is supposed to be back at practice this week and play the rest of the team’s preseason games.
Still, I would have paid good money to see him try to explain this to old-school coach Rick Adelman.
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 0
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 5
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 12
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 12
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 6
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)