Oct 15, 2012, 9:19 AM EDT
Our early leader for strangest injury of training camp goes to…
Kevin Love. He sat out Minnesota’s Saturday preseason game because of a sore elbow he got from sleeping. Yes, sleeping in the wrong position. That’s his story and he’s sticking to it. From the Star Tribune.
Love didn’t bang it or hyperextend it while playing only the first quarter Friday in Indianapolis. No, he instead slept with his right arm extended off his bed all night Friday and when he awoke Saturday morning, he said he could barely lift a basketball.
“I couldn’t shoot it 10 feet,” he said.
Clearly Love needs to get an Al Jefferson bed.
This isn’t serious and Love is supposed to be back at practice this week and play the rest of the team’s preseason games.
Still, I would have paid good money to see him try to explain this to old-school coach Rick Adelman.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 2
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 5
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 40
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 39
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11