Oct 15, 2012, 8:02 PM EDT
ESPN wanted to shake up its “NBA Countdown” game-day studio show because… well, it wasn’t very good.
The lineup will be Jalen Rose, Bill Simmons (the “sports guy” and guy behind Grantland), Magic Johnson and Michael Wilbon, reports The Big Lead. TBL has pretty much been in front of this story the entire time so we’ll bet they are right here. ESPN did not respond.
This move means Chris Broussard and Jon Barry are out.
I don’t know how the chemistry will be, but it has potential. Rose is engaging, Simmons is clever and has a good fan sensibility, Wilbon is trusted and Magic… is there. He was a very good basketball player.
Still say TNT’s “Inside the NBA” is the gold standard, but hopefully this is an improvement at ESPN.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9