Oct 15, 2012, 8:02 PM EDT
ESPN wanted to shake up its “NBA Countdown” game-day studio show because… well, it wasn’t very good.
The lineup will be Jalen Rose, Bill Simmons (the “sports guy” and guy behind Grantland), Magic Johnson and Michael Wilbon, reports The Big Lead. TBL has pretty much been in front of this story the entire time so we’ll bet they are right here. ESPN did not respond.
This move means Chris Broussard and Jon Barry are out.
I don’t know how the chemistry will be, but it has potential. Rose is engaging, Simmons is clever and has a good fan sensibility, Wilbon is trusted and Magic… is there. He was a very good basketball player.
Still say TNT’s “Inside the NBA” is the gold standard, but hopefully this is an improvement at ESPN.
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 18
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11