Oct 15, 2012, 8:02 PM EST
ESPN wanted to shake up its “NBA Countdown” game-day studio show because… well, it wasn’t very good.
The lineup will be Jalen Rose, Bill Simmons (the “sports guy” and guy behind Grantland), Magic Johnson and Michael Wilbon, reports The Big Lead. TBL has pretty much been in front of this story the entire time so we’ll bet they are right here. ESPN did not respond.
This move means Chris Broussard and Jon Barry are out.
I don’t know how the chemistry will be, but it has potential. Rose is engaging, Simmons is clever and has a good fan sensibility, Wilbon is trusted and Magic… is there. He was a very good basketball player.
Still say TNT’s “Inside the NBA” is the gold standard, but hopefully this is an improvement at ESPN.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13