Oct 15, 2012, 8:02 PM EDT
ESPN wanted to shake up its “NBA Countdown” game-day studio show because… well, it wasn’t very good.
The lineup will be Jalen Rose, Bill Simmons (the “sports guy” and guy behind Grantland), Magic Johnson and Michael Wilbon, reports The Big Lead. TBL has pretty much been in front of this story the entire time so we’ll bet they are right here. ESPN did not respond.
This move means Chris Broussard and Jon Barry are out.
I don’t know how the chemistry will be, but it has potential. Rose is engaging, Simmons is clever and has a good fan sensibility, Wilbon is trusted and Magic… is there. He was a very good basketball player.
Still say TNT’s “Inside the NBA” is the gold standard, but hopefully this is an improvement at ESPN.
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 13
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 13
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 17
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 1
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 14