Oct 12, 2012, 2:21 PM EDT
Kyrylo Fesenko has spent five years in the NBA, the first four in Utah, the last in Indiana.
Those teams had something in common besides all being pretty good — Salt Lake City and Indianapolis are relatively small and easy cities to get around. Just take a cab and you can get anywhere pretty cheaply.
Fesenko is a Bull this season and Chicago… not so small. Not so cheap.
The Bulls practice center is in Deerfield, about 39 miles outside Chicago. After practice one day Fesenko decides he should check out downtown Chicago… and we’ll let the Chicago Tribune pick up the story from there.
So the affable Ukrainian, who never has had a driver’s license, did what he has done at his two previous NBA stops: He took a cab…. . After spending $140 for a ride, Fesenko found new motivation.
“I’m actually thinking about getting my license now,” Fesenko said. “I was like, ‘$70 each way? Uh, uh, that’s not going to happen.’”
Wait until he sees how much it costs to park a car in Chicago.
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 1
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 3
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 1
- Cavaliers bask in another lottery victory 11
- For second time in three years Cavaliers win NBA draft lottery 36
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Play Video: Metta World Peace the weatherman
- Play Video: Eastern Conference finals preview
- Play Video: Heat gearing for another physical battle
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars