Oct 12, 2012, 8:18 PM EDT
The Suns are lottery bound. Michael Beasley might make a good fantasy player but unless he has an efficiency epiphany he’s not a guy you want taking the bulk of your shots. Which is what is going to happen. I like Jared Dudley and Goran Dragic, but they are not building block guys. Everyone thinks the Suns are going to struggle.
Everyone except Steve Nash.
Look at what he told Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
“They can be a surprise team this year,” Nash said. “They brought in a lot of guys who can play. They brought in some young guys and put themselves in a position to build. I think they did a great job.”
They did start the rebuilding process, something they needed to do. So there’s that.
But the only surprise is if they are surprisingly bad. I don’t see this season going well. They need to let Kendall Marshall learn on the job, then they need to see if they can trade guys like Luis Scola for picks or young players. If you’re going to rebuild, go all in, don’t just wade into the waters. Fans will understand if you can draft well and give them hope.
But Steve Nash… he’s Canadian, he’s just being nice.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17