Oct 12, 2012, 8:18 PM EST
The Suns are lottery bound. Michael Beasley might make a good fantasy player but unless he has an efficiency epiphany he’s not a guy you want taking the bulk of your shots. Which is what is going to happen. I like Jared Dudley and Goran Dragic, but they are not building block guys. Everyone thinks the Suns are going to struggle.
Everyone except Steve Nash.
Look at what he told Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
“They can be a surprise team this year,” Nash said. “They brought in a lot of guys who can play. They brought in some young guys and put themselves in a position to build. I think they did a great job.”
They did start the rebuilding process, something they needed to do. So there’s that.
But the only surprise is if they are surprisingly bad. I don’t see this season going well. They need to let Kendall Marshall learn on the job, then they need to see if they can trade guys like Luis Scola for picks or young players. If you’re going to rebuild, go all in, don’t just wade into the waters. Fans will understand if you can draft well and give them hope.
But Steve Nash… he’s Canadian, he’s just being nice.
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 7
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 41
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 10
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 8
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 15
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 29
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 5