Oct 12, 2012, 8:18 PM EDT
The Suns are lottery bound. Michael Beasley might make a good fantasy player but unless he has an efficiency epiphany he’s not a guy you want taking the bulk of your shots. Which is what is going to happen. I like Jared Dudley and Goran Dragic, but they are not building block guys. Everyone thinks the Suns are going to struggle.
Everyone except Steve Nash.
Look at what he told Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
“They can be a surprise team this year,” Nash said. “They brought in a lot of guys who can play. They brought in some young guys and put themselves in a position to build. I think they did a great job.”
They did start the rebuilding process, something they needed to do. So there’s that.
But the only surprise is if they are surprisingly bad. I don’t see this season going well. They need to let Kendall Marshall learn on the job, then they need to see if they can trade guys like Luis Scola for picks or young players. If you’re going to rebuild, go all in, don’t just wade into the waters. Fans will understand if you can draft well and give them hope.
But Steve Nash… he’s Canadian, he’s just being nice.
- 67RIEFNS: Warriors starters with Draymond Green 0
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 15
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 9
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70