Oct 12, 2012, 12:27 AM EDT
So in jumps Russell Westbrook.
Westbrook has joined the Jordan brand, the company announced.
“We are very excited to welcome Russell to the Jordan family,” said Michael Jordan in a released statement. “Russell’s style, both on and off the court, combined with his love and dedication to the game make him a perfect fit for the Jordan Brand. We love the drive and passion for basketball that Russell brings.”
Westbrook joins the dominant basketball shoe brand — Jordan shoes account for about 70 percent of basketball shoes in the United States. Westbrook, a star who is still on his ascendancy, is a great get for them. He’s not as big a name as Wade today, but Westbrook is a rising star who will be around for a long time.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17