Oct 12, 2012, 12:27 AM EDT
So in jumps Russell Westbrook.
Westbrook has joined the Jordan brand, the company announced.
“We are very excited to welcome Russell to the Jordan family,” said Michael Jordan in a released statement. “Russell’s style, both on and off the court, combined with his love and dedication to the game make him a perfect fit for the Jordan Brand. We love the drive and passion for basketball that Russell brings.”
Westbrook joins the dominant basketball shoe brand — Jordan shoes account for about 70 percent of basketball shoes in the United States. Westbrook, a star who is still on his ascendancy, is a great get for them. He’s not as big a name as Wade today, but Westbrook is a rising star who will be around for a long time.
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 22
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 6
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 19
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 46
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 24
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 20
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22