Oct 12, 2012, 12:27 AM EDT
So in jumps Russell Westbrook.
Westbrook has joined the Jordan brand, the company announced.
“We are very excited to welcome Russell to the Jordan family,” said Michael Jordan in a released statement. “Russell’s style, both on and off the court, combined with his love and dedication to the game make him a perfect fit for the Jordan Brand. We love the drive and passion for basketball that Russell brings.”
Westbrook joins the dominant basketball shoe brand — Jordan shoes account for about 70 percent of basketball shoes in the United States. Westbrook, a star who is still on his ascendancy, is a great get for them. He’s not as big a name as Wade today, but Westbrook is a rising star who will be around for a long time.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 7
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 36
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40