Oct 12, 2012, 1:54 PM EST
During NBA training camps there are a rash of small injuries and guys missing games for an assortment of reasons, so many you can’t keep track. We’re here to help. Here is a little Friday rundown of camp notes from around the NBA.
• Dirk Nowitzki returned to the full Mavericks practice on Friday. Nowitzki is dealing with irritation and swelling in his knee, which has had him miss time and consider surgery. It’s good he’s back on the floor, what really matters is how the knee feels tomorrow.
• Amar’e Stoudemire went through walk through with the team but may not play in the Knicks Friday night exhibition to rest his knee.
• James Harden has suffered a mild groin strain (at least we think it’s mild) will not play for the Thunder Friday night against the Jazz. OKC will be cautious but it is not believed to be serious and he should be good to go next Tuesday when the Thunder play at home.
• Paul Millsap also will miss that Friday night Jazz/Thunder game for personal reasons.
• While we’re at it, Jamaal Tinsley also will sit out that game for the Jazz for personal reasons.
• MarShon Brook’s foot is still bothering him and he may miss most of the preseason.
• While we’re talking Nets, Avery Johnson is trying to keep Brook Lopez‘s minutes down this preseason as he plays his way back from a foot injury.
• As you might expect since he just got to training camp this week, Royce White will not play for the Rockets on Friday night.
• Shannon Brown is expected to be back on the floor with the Suns Friday night after dealing with an eye injury this week. Brown and a teammate collided in practice and he got black eye complete with blood on the eyeball, plus all kinds of swelling.
• Toronto’s Andrea Bargnani is not 100 percent and is said to be battling fatigue.
• Rudy Gay is dealing with some him soreness, but he isn’t missing any camp time and is expected to play in exhibition games.
• Jerry Stackhouse was out with knee issues at the Nets practice Friday. Get used to that.
• The Hawks have waived Keith Benson.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 3
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 17
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17