Oct 12, 2012, 4:35 PM EDT
I’m not a doctor, but when your knee keeps filling up with fluid something is wrong. When it happens repeatedly things are not getting better.
With it drained Nowitzki was able to return to practice Friday. But when asked about it by reporters the answer didn’t sound all that encouraging to Mavs fans.
“I really don’t know why the swelling keeps coming back,” he said. “I can’t really finger-point it. Maybe there’s something floating in there that shouldn’t be floating in there.
“We’ll only know that for sure if we do a scope, but as for now, we haven’t (planned surgery). I’m just going to keep working this weekend and see how the knee responds. I’ll be all right, hopefully.”
Nowitzki missed time with a knee issue last year but was able to avoid surgery, and clearly he’s hoping to do that again.
But if you’ve had to have fluid drained from your knee a couple times over a few week period, something is wrong. If your job involves running up and down a hardwood floor all night, it’s a potential real problem. Better to get the scope done sooner rather than later if it’s going to happen.
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 0
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 9
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 41
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 55
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17