Oct 12, 2012, 4:35 PM EDT
I’m not a doctor, but when your knee keeps filling up with fluid something is wrong. When it happens repeatedly things are not getting better.
With it drained Nowitzki was able to return to practice Friday. But when asked about it by reporters the answer didn’t sound all that encouraging to Mavs fans.
“I really don’t know why the swelling keeps coming back,” he said. “I can’t really finger-point it. Maybe there’s something floating in there that shouldn’t be floating in there.
“We’ll only know that for sure if we do a scope, but as for now, we haven’t (planned surgery). I’m just going to keep working this weekend and see how the knee responds. I’ll be all right, hopefully.”
Nowitzki missed time with a knee issue last year but was able to avoid surgery, and clearly he’s hoping to do that again.
But if you’ve had to have fluid drained from your knee a couple times over a few week period, something is wrong. If your job involves running up and down a hardwood floor all night, it’s a potential real problem. Better to get the scope done sooner rather than later if it’s going to happen.
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 5
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 5
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 5
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 2
- Cavaliers bask in another lottery victory 12
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm