Oct 12, 2012, 10:59 AM EDT
Hunting is one of those things you kind of grow up doing or you don’t, it’s not really something people pickup as an adult.
“He said he’s going to go, but I think he was very reluctant at first,’’ Kaman said of Nowitzki’s initiation into the outdoor life. “I don’t think he wanted to take my invitation, but he said if that’s what makes me happy, he’ll do it. So I’m going to keep him true to his word.’’
Brad Miller just texted, he wants to go, too.
The Mavericks are optimistic about Kaman. Through his entire career when he is healthy he is better than people expect — fundamentally solid and with a soft touch, plus he can pass. Fans shake their head that he was an All-Star but the Clippers ran their offense through him in the post that half season running up to that game and it worked well. He’s better than you think, but with the caveat of “when healthy.”
Which is more than we can say for some deer pretty soon when Chris and Dirk go hunting.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 9
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 16
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18