Oct 12, 2012, 10:59 AM EDT
Hunting is one of those things you kind of grow up doing or you don’t, it’s not really something people pickup as an adult.
“He said he’s going to go, but I think he was very reluctant at first,’’ Kaman said of Nowitzki’s initiation into the outdoor life. “I don’t think he wanted to take my invitation, but he said if that’s what makes me happy, he’ll do it. So I’m going to keep him true to his word.’’
Brad Miller just texted, he wants to go, too.
The Mavericks are optimistic about Kaman. Through his entire career when he is healthy he is better than people expect — fundamentally solid and with a soft touch, plus he can pass. Fans shake their head that he was an All-Star but the Clippers ran their offense through him in the post that half season running up to that game and it worked well. He’s better than you think, but with the caveat of “when healthy.”
Which is more than we can say for some deer pretty soon when Chris and Dirk go hunting.
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 2
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 2
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 6
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 13
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 16
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 11
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 23