Oct 12, 2012, 10:59 AM EST
Hunting is one of those things you kind of grow up doing or you don’t, it’s not really something people pickup as an adult.
“He said he’s going to go, but I think he was very reluctant at first,’’ Kaman said of Nowitzki’s initiation into the outdoor life. “I don’t think he wanted to take my invitation, but he said if that’s what makes me happy, he’ll do it. So I’m going to keep him true to his word.’’
Brad Miller just texted, he wants to go, too.
The Mavericks are optimistic about Kaman. Through his entire career when he is healthy he is better than people expect — fundamentally solid and with a soft touch, plus he can pass. Fans shake their head that he was an All-Star but the Clippers ran their offense through him in the post that half season running up to that game and it worked well. He’s better than you think, but with the caveat of “when healthy.”
Which is more than we can say for some deer pretty soon when Chris and Dirk go hunting.
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. 14
- Report: Grizzlies shopping Zach Randolph around, want deal with Pelicans 6
- Nets notes: Kidd takes some credit, Lopez downplays injury, and Pierce off the bench 2
- Report: Knicks’ owner shoots down trade to get team Kyle Lowry 22
- The Extra Pass: Deron Williams is the difference for Nets; plus Thursday’s recaps 1
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (64)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (51)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)