Oct 12, 2012, 10:59 AM EDT
Hunting is one of those things you kind of grow up doing or you don’t, it’s not really something people pickup as an adult.
“He said he’s going to go, but I think he was very reluctant at first,’’ Kaman said of Nowitzki’s initiation into the outdoor life. “I don’t think he wanted to take my invitation, but he said if that’s what makes me happy, he’ll do it. So I’m going to keep him true to his word.’’
Brad Miller just texted, he wants to go, too.
The Mavericks are optimistic about Kaman. Through his entire career when he is healthy he is better than people expect — fundamentally solid and with a soft touch, plus he can pass. Fans shake their head that he was an All-Star but the Clippers ran their offense through him in the post that half season running up to that game and it worked well. He’s better than you think, but with the caveat of “when healthy.”
Which is more than we can say for some deer pretty soon when Chris and Dirk go hunting.
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 0
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 2
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 3
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22