Oct 11, 2012, 5:12 PM EST
For the second Olympics in a row, Spain made it to the gold medal game last July in London only to come up short. That’s frustrating.
So the Spanish team went The Who circa 1967 and took out their frustrations by thrashing their hotel rooms.
That’s the report, via the New York Daily News.
Manager Sergio Scariolo’s team racked up more than $14,400 in damages to their two London 2012 rooms after the 107-100 loss, it was revealed Thursday.
The exact nature of the damage has not yet been confirmed, but the Spanish media has condemned the actions as “despicable” and “disrespectful”.
No work on which players or how many were involved. Frankly, it’s kind of hard to picture Pau Gasol thrashing anything, including a hotel room. But that’s some pretty serious damages.
Fortunately, the next Olympics are in Rio and nobody has ever gotten out of control in Rio…
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11