Oct 11, 2012, 5:12 PM EDT
For the second Olympics in a row, Spain made it to the gold medal game last July in London only to come up short. That’s frustrating.
So the Spanish team went The Who circa 1967 and took out their frustrations by thrashing their hotel rooms.
That’s the report, via the New York Daily News.
Manager Sergio Scariolo’s team racked up more than $14,400 in damages to their two London 2012 rooms after the 107-100 loss, it was revealed Thursday.
The exact nature of the damage has not yet been confirmed, but the Spanish media has condemned the actions as “despicable” and “disrespectful”.
No work on which players or how many were involved. Frankly, it’s kind of hard to picture Pau Gasol thrashing anything, including a hotel room. But that’s some pretty serious damages.
Fortunately, the next Olympics are in Rio and nobody has ever gotten out of control in Rio…
- Warriors take Game 1 from Clippers 0
- Nets defense smothers Raptors, gets Brooklyn Game 1 win on road 27
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 28