Oct 11, 2012, 5:12 PM EDT
For the second Olympics in a row, Spain made it to the gold medal game last July in London only to come up short. That’s frustrating.
So the Spanish team went The Who circa 1967 and took out their frustrations by thrashing their hotel rooms.
That’s the report, via the New York Daily News.
Manager Sergio Scariolo’s team racked up more than $14,400 in damages to their two London 2012 rooms after the 107-100 loss, it was revealed Thursday.
The exact nature of the damage has not yet been confirmed, but the Spanish media has condemned the actions as “despicable” and “disrespectful”.
No work on which players or how many were involved. Frankly, it’s kind of hard to picture Pau Gasol thrashing anything, including a hotel room. But that’s some pretty serious damages.
Fortunately, the next Olympics are in Rio and nobody has ever gotten out of control in Rio…
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 45
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31