Oct 11, 2012, 5:12 PM EST
For the second Olympics in a row, Spain made it to the gold medal game last July in London only to come up short. That’s frustrating.
So the Spanish team went The Who circa 1967 and took out their frustrations by thrashing their hotel rooms.
That’s the report, via the New York Daily News.
Manager Sergio Scariolo’s team racked up more than $14,400 in damages to their two London 2012 rooms after the 107-100 loss, it was revealed Thursday.
The exact nature of the damage has not yet been confirmed, but the Spanish media has condemned the actions as “despicable” and “disrespectful”.
No work on which players or how many were involved. Frankly, it’s kind of hard to picture Pau Gasol thrashing anything, including a hotel room. But that’s some pretty serious damages.
Fortunately, the next Olympics are in Rio and nobody has ever gotten out of control in Rio…
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 0
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 10
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 16
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 49
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11