Oct 11, 2012, 12:46 PM EDT
Kobe Bryant sounds like a professional poker player here — even guys sitting around wearing World Series of Poker bracelets will remember and talk about their bad beats more eagerly than their tournament wins.
“I almost won an MVP with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown on my team,” Bryant said before Wednesday’s 93-75 exhibition loss to Portland. “I was shooting 45 times a game. What was I supposed to do? Pass it to Chris Mihm or Kwame Brown…”
Bryant continued, taking aim at his favorite whipping boy, Parker, calling him “the worst. He shouldn’t have been in the NBA but we were too cheap to pay for a point guard. So we let him walk on.”
Parker doesn’t like Kobe either. Problem for Smush is that in America the winners get to write the history, and Parker can’t win this fight.
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 7
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 30
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 11
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 9
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 19