Oct 11, 2012, 12:46 PM EDT
Kobe Bryant sounds like a professional poker player here — even guys sitting around wearing World Series of Poker bracelets will remember and talk about their bad beats more eagerly than their tournament wins.
“I almost won an MVP with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown on my team,” Bryant said before Wednesday’s 93-75 exhibition loss to Portland. “I was shooting 45 times a game. What was I supposed to do? Pass it to Chris Mihm or Kwame Brown…”
Bryant continued, taking aim at his favorite whipping boy, Parker, calling him “the worst. He shouldn’t have been in the NBA but we were too cheap to pay for a point guard. So we let him walk on.”
Parker doesn’t like Kobe either. Problem for Smush is that in America the winners get to write the history, and Parker can’t win this fight.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 20
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49