Kobe doesn’t really miss Smush Parker, Kwame Brown

Oct 11, 2012, 12:46 PM EDT

New York Knicks v Los Angeles Lakers Getty Images

Kobe Bryant sounds like a professional poker player here — even guys sitting around wearing World Series of Poker bracelets will remember and talk about their bad beats more eagerly than their tournament wins.

Kobe has spent his career playing with Shaquille O’Neal, Glenn Rice, Robert Horry, Pau Gasol, and now Steve Nash and Dwight Howard. His list of teammates could form an All-Star team.

But what he remembers often is the bad years. And he talked about that 2005-06 Lakers team before Wednesday’s exhibition (which Kobe skipped). Via the Orange County Register:

“I almost won an MVP with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown on my team,” Bryant said before Wednesday’s 93-75 exhibition loss to Portland. “I was shooting 45 times a game. What was I supposed to do? Pass it to Chris Mihm or Kwame Brown…”

Bryant continued, taking aim at his favorite whipping boy, Parker, calling him “the worst. He shouldn’t have been in the NBA but we were too cheap to pay for a point guard. So we let him walk on.”

Parker doesn’t like Kobe either. Problem for Smush is that in America the winners get to write the history, and Parker can’t win this fight.

1. paulhargis53 - Oct 12, 2012 at 10:29 AM

phaden:
    1. I’m one of those “smartphone users” my app for this site doesn’t have a reply button.
    2. I didn’t realize nameless, faceless people could “show balls” on this site. It’s all anonymous.
    3. It’s not my problem that you can’t follow what reply goes to which post.
    4. Since when is it up to you who its ok for Mr to reply to, and what manner?
    5. If you don’t like what I write- DON’T READ IT , its really that simple.
    6. Mind your own F***ing business.
    7. Have a nice day.

• badintent - Oct 13, 2012 at 2:32 AM

And the next Vice President of the US is Paul ! You da man !!

• phaden27 - Mar 18, 2014 at 9:15 PM

A year and a half later and you still have no balls.

2. fotydaze - Oct 12, 2012 at 3:30 PM

@Paul

Nice comeback, had nothing to do with basketball…but then again none of your other post do ether. Kobe Is right on point and he’s earned the right as an all time great to voice his opinion about the pathetic players he played with. You don’t like him that’s fine, doesn’t mean you need to be an idiot

3. paulhargis53 - Oct 12, 2012 at 11:07 PM

foty: Your post is erroneous. A majority of my posts have to do with the topic at hand. A Majority of them also have insults sprinkled throughout them.That’s just how I roll. I find it funny that you are ripping on a guy that was at one time in the top 450 in the world at his profession.

Are you in the top 450 of yours? Didn’t think so….

Kobe didn’t earn crap. Talking crap about teammates, present and former, is just immature bs. Why is it always against players less talented? You see when Shaq starts in, he keeps his bitch mouth shut. Jordan? He defers to MJ too. Why is that? He’s insecure that’s why. He props himself up on lesser players. He aspires to be MJ, but he never will be.Why isn’t just being Kobe enough?

Maybe if it weren’t for Colorado…..

Nah, its his incessant need to belittle his peers. Kobe the player-top 15 all time.
    Kobe the person- pure garbage. Morally and ethically.

Woodson, D'Antoni's coaching futures