Oct 11, 2012, 10:04 AM EDT
While Orlando fans would argue Dwight has been one of those for more than a year now, Howard basically said Kobe is right. He’s not offended and he’ll be ready when it matters. From Ramona Shelburne at ESPNLA.com.
“I heard about what he said,” Howard said. “People might take that the wrong way. He’s not saying be a jerk or an a-hole to people, he’s basically saying, ‘On the court. He loves the way I play, but I can be more of one of those people.’ ”
“I think a lot of people get it confused,” Howard said of his personality. “They think I don’t take it serious because I’m smiling or things like that. When it’s time to get it done, I go and get it.”
Kobe and Howard are just different personalities — Kobe is driven and intense, someone who can have fun but compartmentalizes the areas of his life very well. Howard is a bit of a goofball, a guy who likes to have fun on and off the court. He plays with a smile on, Kobe scowls.
There’s no real tension here, just different styles. It’s the kind of ill winning easily cures, and this looks like a season when the Lakers will do a lot of winning.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 6
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10