Oct 11, 2012, 10:04 AM EDT
While Orlando fans would argue Dwight has been one of those for more than a year now, Howard basically said Kobe is right. He’s not offended and he’ll be ready when it matters. From Ramona Shelburne at ESPNLA.com.
“I heard about what he said,” Howard said. “People might take that the wrong way. He’s not saying be a jerk or an a-hole to people, he’s basically saying, ‘On the court. He loves the way I play, but I can be more of one of those people.’ ”
“I think a lot of people get it confused,” Howard said of his personality. “They think I don’t take it serious because I’m smiling or things like that. When it’s time to get it done, I go and get it.”
Kobe and Howard are just different personalities — Kobe is driven and intense, someone who can have fun but compartmentalizes the areas of his life very well. Howard is a bit of a goofball, a guy who likes to have fun on and off the court. He plays with a smile on, Kobe scowls.
There’s no real tension here, just different styles. It’s the kind of ill winning easily cures, and this looks like a season when the Lakers will do a lot of winning.
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 31
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 14
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 27
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 14
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 15
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 23
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29
- Scout says Carmelo Anthony can be good triangle fit — if he moves the ball 20