Oct 11, 2012, 10:04 AM EST
While Orlando fans would argue Dwight has been one of those for more than a year now, Howard basically said Kobe is right. He’s not offended and he’ll be ready when it matters. From Ramona Shelburne at ESPNLA.com.
“I heard about what he said,” Howard said. “People might take that the wrong way. He’s not saying be a jerk or an a-hole to people, he’s basically saying, ‘On the court. He loves the way I play, but I can be more of one of those people.’ ”
“I think a lot of people get it confused,” Howard said of his personality. “They think I don’t take it serious because I’m smiling or things like that. When it’s time to get it done, I go and get it.”
Kobe and Howard are just different personalities — Kobe is driven and intense, someone who can have fun but compartmentalizes the areas of his life very well. Howard is a bit of a goofball, a guy who likes to have fun on and off the court. He plays with a smile on, Kobe scowls.
There’s no real tension here, just different styles. It’s the kind of ill winning easily cures, and this looks like a season when the Lakers will do a lot of winning.
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 15
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 14
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 28
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2