Oct 11, 2012, 10:04 AM EDT
While Orlando fans would argue Dwight has been one of those for more than a year now, Howard basically said Kobe is right. He’s not offended and he’ll be ready when it matters. From Ramona Shelburne at ESPNLA.com.
“I heard about what he said,” Howard said. “People might take that the wrong way. He’s not saying be a jerk or an a-hole to people, he’s basically saying, ‘On the court. He loves the way I play, but I can be more of one of those people.’ ”
“I think a lot of people get it confused,” Howard said of his personality. “They think I don’t take it serious because I’m smiling or things like that. When it’s time to get it done, I go and get it.”
Kobe and Howard are just different personalities — Kobe is driven and intense, someone who can have fun but compartmentalizes the areas of his life very well. Howard is a bit of a goofball, a guy who likes to have fun on and off the court. He plays with a smile on, Kobe scowls.
There’s no real tension here, just different styles. It’s the kind of ill winning easily cures, and this looks like a season when the Lakers will do a lot of winning.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 11
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 38
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 22
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 100
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27