Avery Bradley looks to return before Christmas Day

Oct 11, 2012, 7:04 PM EDT

Avery Bradley AP

Avery Bradley is with the Celtics, cleared to do workouts. He is doing his conditioning.

Which is a long way from contact or playing in games, but after two shoulder surgeries — one on each — that is to be expected. Still Doc Rivers is talking about having the Celtics starting two guard (unless Courtney Lee steals his job) back on the court by the middle of December.

Bradley sounded optimistic talking to A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.

“I didn’t think I would be feeling this good right now,” Bradley said. “Right now, I feel good. I started conditioning today, started lifting with the strength coach today. I feel like I’m moving forward the way I’m supposed to.”

Having him back, with Lee and Jason Terry coming off the bench, would give the Celtics a lot of depth on the wings. It would give them guys who can score and guys who can defend, allowing them to matchup with teams who are strong there. Like, hypothetically, that team in Miami.

On another Celtics note, Chris Wilcox remains out but it’s due to back spasms. Which means there is no timeline for his return. They could use him because keeping Kevin Garnett’s minutes in check is a regular season priority.

1. 1972wasalongtimeago - Oct 11, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Can we get a Courtney Lee article next? How about a Scalabrine for old times sake?

2. paulhargis53 - Oct 11, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Nobody is forcing you to read the articles.

Quit being such a bitch!

• 1972wasalongtimeago - Oct 11, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I never read the articles. Just the headlines. I’m not the only one either

• jjordannba - Oct 11, 2012 at 11:51 PM

If you “NEVER” read the articles then why would you request one? What kind of sense does that make?

• 1972wasalongtimeago - Oct 12, 2012 at 6:08 AM

I’m being a a wise ass. Duh

3. Kansachusetts - Oct 13, 2012 at 12:21 PM

You won’t be laughing when Bradley helps the Celtics win it all this year. Mark my words.

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches