Oct 11, 2012, 7:04 PM EDT
Avery Bradley is with the Celtics, cleared to do workouts. He is doing his conditioning.
Which is a long way from contact or playing in games, but after two shoulder surgeries — one on each — that is to be expected. Still Doc Rivers is talking about having the Celtics starting two guard (unless Courtney Lee steals his job) back on the court by the middle of December.
Bradley sounded optimistic talking to A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
“I didn’t think I would be feeling this good right now,” Bradley said. “Right now, I feel good. I started conditioning today, started lifting with the strength coach today. I feel like I’m moving forward the way I’m supposed to.”
Having him back, with Lee and Jason Terry coming off the bench, would give the Celtics a lot of depth on the wings. It would give them guys who can score and guys who can defend, allowing them to matchup with teams who are strong there. Like, hypothetically, that team in Miami.
On another Celtics note, Chris Wilcox remains out but it’s due to back spasms. Which means there is no timeline for his return. They could use him because keeping Kevin Garnett’s minutes in check is a regular season priority.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 14
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8