Oct 10, 2012, 12:50 AM EDT
Generally, I would not say a seventh grader is better than you at anything, save maybe Lego Star Wars for the Wii, but this is the exception.
Meet Bol Bol, son of NBA player Manute Bol — he is a 6’5″ seventh grader already catching the eye of recruiters (which is a little disturbing but different topic). The video above shows some shooting range and touch for the kid — apparently more than his dad, who was Manute hit 20 of 91 attempts from in the 1988-89 season when Don Nelson decided to have Bol as the big stretching the floor in Golden State. The younger Bol certainly seems more fluid athletically than his father.
CSNBayArea.com found the video and also found a recruiting Web site that has Bol Bol as the likely kid at the top of the class of 2018. Again, I find it disturbing that somebody is tracking that. But then again, I’m running the video…
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 0
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 5
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 11
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 9
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 45
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60