Oct 10, 2012, 12:50 AM EST
Generally, I would not say a seventh grader is better than you at anything, save maybe Lego Star Wars for the Wii, but this is the exception.
Meet Bol Bol, son of NBA player Manute Bol — he is a 6’5″ seventh grader already catching the eye of recruiters (which is a little disturbing but different topic). The video above shows some shooting range and touch for the kid — apparently more than his dad, who was Manute hit 20 of 91 attempts from in the 1988-89 season when Don Nelson decided to have Bol as the big stretching the floor in Golden State. The younger Bol certainly seems more fluid athletically than his father.
CSNBayArea.com found the video and also found a recruiting Web site that has Bol Bol as the likely kid at the top of the class of 2018. Again, I find it disturbing that somebody is tracking that. But then again, I’m running the video…
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 2
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 1
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 16
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)