Oct 10, 2012, 5:01 PM EDT
Right now as you read this, somewhere a rookie NBA player is lugging a veteran’s bags around a hotel. Possibly while wearing a pink Hello Kitty backpack.
Jalen Rose is becoming the NBA’s best alumni story teller, breaking down some walls and telling us what really goes on with things like rookie hazing. So here is Rose talking to Grantland about the hazing that goes on around a team and how Dikembe Mutombo used to call him up at all hours when he had an “adult situation.”
Hat tip to The Big Lead.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18