Oct 10, 2012, 9:59 PM EDT
It’s Kobe Bryant and an injury, so you know if this were a regular season game he would be out there on the court. He is the Black Knight from “Holy Grail” — ‘Tis just a flesh wound.
But it’s a preseason game so Kobe is going to sit out against the Portland Trail Blazers on Wednesday. It is not serious and he is expected to play for the Lakers on Saturday.
The best part is how Kobe injured his shoulder — dunking all over Antawn Jamison in practice (the second dunk on the video below, at the :16 second mark). According to the LA Daily News, Kobe didn’t notice it at the time and kept practicing, did ball handling drills and even dunking more. After practice when he cooled down he started to notice it.
No Kobe means more Jodie Meeks. And what person that paid for a ticket can complain about that? Nobody, that’s who.
Not a big deal, but it does speak to the challenge before Lakers coach Mike Brown to keep Kobe and Steve Nash healthy. Which means keeping their minutes down and not leaning on his stars as heavily as he did last season.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 6
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 24
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 4
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 10
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31