Oct 10, 2012, 9:59 PM EDT
It’s Kobe Bryant and an injury, so you know if this were a regular season game he would be out there on the court. He is the Black Knight from “Holy Grail” — ‘Tis just a flesh wound.
But it’s a preseason game so Kobe is going to sit out against the Portland Trail Blazers on Wednesday. It is not serious and he is expected to play for the Lakers on Saturday.
The best part is how Kobe injured his shoulder — dunking all over Antawn Jamison in practice (the second dunk on the video below, at the :16 second mark). According to the LA Daily News, Kobe didn’t notice it at the time and kept practicing, did ball handling drills and even dunking more. After practice when he cooled down he started to notice it.
No Kobe means more Jodie Meeks. And what person that paid for a ticket can complain about that? Nobody, that’s who.
Not a big deal, but it does speak to the challenge before Lakers coach Mike Brown to keep Kobe and Steve Nash healthy. Which means keeping their minutes down and not leaning on his stars as heavily as he did last season.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37