Oct 10, 2012, 11:11 AM EST
Kobe Bryant has a very distinctive motivational style for himself and his teammates — he’s an a******.
That’s not how he would phrase it, speaking to the media Tuesday he said he liked to make players “uncomfortable” during practice and that included barking at them. Pushing his competitiveness on them. Making them push themselves.
“Magic was like that. You saw Magic barking at guys. He was the point guard, the general, so you saw him yelling instructions a lot. And he’s extremely competitive. But he still played the game with a smile on his face.”
Just like Shaquille O’Neal, right?
“No. They’re different,” Bryant said. “Shaq was a goofball. But Shaq was a big a——. I was a little a——. It worked well. Dwight has a lot of that in him. He just needs to bring it out and make guys pay every single day.”
Dwight is like Shaq in the combo of goofball and world’s best center. But Shaq was great at picking times to flip between the two, I’m not sure Howard is as smooth at that.
But maybe a new setting and playing with Kobe and Steve Nash — another guy with a lot going on off the court — will show him the way.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8