Oct 10, 2012, 6:56 PM EST
Now, you can throw the chances out the window with this news from Frank Isola of the New York Daily News.
Chris Smith’s season is over before it started. J.R.’s baby brother to have left patella tendon surgery. Out 3 to 6 months
— Frank Isola (@FisolaNYDN) October 10, 2012
Even if Chris is healthy on the short end of that timeline, he’s going to be spending this season in the D-League trying to earn his way back to a camp next year. Again, this doesn’t really change the Knicks plans at all, but you hate to see a guy miss out on his chance for something like this.
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 6
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 16
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 4
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 6
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 4
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 5
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 2
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 10