Oct 10, 2012, 6:56 PM EDT
Now, you can throw the chances out the window with this news from Frank Isola of the New York Daily News.
Chris Smith’s season is over before it started. J.R.’s baby brother to have left patella tendon surgery. Out 3 to 6 months
— Frank Isola (@FisolaNYDN) October 10, 2012
Even if Chris is healthy on the short end of that timeline, he’s going to be spending this season in the D-League trying to earn his way back to a camp next year. Again, this doesn’t really change the Knicks plans at all, but you hate to see a guy miss out on his chance for something like this.
- LeBron scores 36, Cavaliers bounce back to get overtime win over Bulls 14
- Ricky Rubio agrees to 4-year, $55 million contract extension with Timberwolves 12
- Report: Warriors agree to four-year, $70 million extension with Klay Thompson 14
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 13
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 13
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 12
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 10