Oct 10, 2012, 6:56 PM EDT
Now, you can throw the chances out the window with this news from Frank Isola of the New York Daily News.
Chris Smith’s season is over before it started. J.R.’s baby brother to have left patella tendon surgery. Out 3 to 6 months
— Frank Isola (@FisolaNYDN) October 10, 2012
Even if Chris is healthy on the short end of that timeline, he’s going to be spending this season in the D-League trying to earn his way back to a camp next year. Again, this doesn’t really change the Knicks plans at all, but you hate to see a guy miss out on his chance for something like this.
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 12
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 5
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7