Oct 10, 2012, 6:56 PM EDT
Now, you can throw the chances out the window with this news from Frank Isola of the New York Daily News.
Chris Smith’s season is over before it started. J.R.’s baby brother to have left patella tendon surgery. Out 3 to 6 months
— Frank Isola (@FisolaNYDN) October 10, 2012
Even if Chris is healthy on the short end of that timeline, he’s going to be spending this season in the D-League trying to earn his way back to a camp next year. Again, this doesn’t really change the Knicks plans at all, but you hate to see a guy miss out on his chance for something like this.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 16
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 4
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 23
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10