Oct 10, 2012, 6:56 PM EDT
Now, you can throw the chances out the window with this news from Frank Isola of the New York Daily News.
Chris Smith’s season is over before it started. J.R.’s baby brother to have left patella tendon surgery. Out 3 to 6 months
— Frank Isola (@FisolaNYDN) October 10, 2012
Even if Chris is healthy on the short end of that timeline, he’s going to be spending this season in the D-League trying to earn his way back to a camp next year. Again, this doesn’t really change the Knicks plans at all, but you hate to see a guy miss out on his chance for something like this.
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 13
- Celtics’ legend Cedric Maxwell stood in location of Boston Marathon bombing just minutes before 1
- 2014 PBT Awards: Executive of the Year 25
- Playoff Chase: We know all 16 teams going to dance, who dances with whom still up in air 13
- 2014 PBT Awards: Sixth Man of the Year 14