Oct 10, 2012, 1:29 AM EDT
The biggest threat to Derrick Rose re-injuring his ACL has always been Derrick Rose.
Rose is ultra competitive, the concern is he would push himself too hard to get back on the court for some February game before he was fully ready and the result was going to be some kind of setback. Adding pressure to return is whole series of web videos showing and hyping his rehab process.
But both Rose and the Bulls are talking patience. Which is a good thing.
Rose, for his part, was talking about taking it slow with Rachel Nichols of ESPN in an interview transcribed on to that site.
“When the time comes I just have to be ready and prove to the people here that I am ready to play. Who knows when that time is? If it’s all year I might wait the whole year, so what? If I come back at the All-Star (break), so what?
“If anything, I think I’ve learned it’s going to help me with my patience. I think I’m way more patient.”
Let the doctors decide. It’s most likely he is back this season, but let the doctors decide when. This is not about this year, it’s about the next five. And beyond that.
The Bulls organization has said it is not going to pressure him to return. Check out the second item from Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated when he swung by NBC Sports Network’s Sports Talk show:
- Tony Parker, Spurs penetration is puzzle Grizzlies can’t solve 0
- Spurs take commanding 3-0 lead over Grizzlies with overtime win in Game 3 6
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 35
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 22
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?