Oct 10, 2012, 1:29 AM EDT
The biggest threat to Derrick Rose re-injuring his ACL has always been Derrick Rose.
Rose is ultra competitive, the concern is he would push himself too hard to get back on the court for some February game before he was fully ready and the result was going to be some kind of setback. Adding pressure to return is whole series of web videos showing and hyping his rehab process.
But both Rose and the Bulls are talking patience. Which is a good thing.
Rose, for his part, was talking about taking it slow with Rachel Nichols of ESPN in an interview transcribed on to that site.
“When the time comes I just have to be ready and prove to the people here that I am ready to play. Who knows when that time is? If it’s all year I might wait the whole year, so what? If I come back at the All-Star (break), so what?
“If anything, I think I’ve learned it’s going to help me with my patience. I think I’m way more patient.”
Let the doctors decide. It’s most likely he is back this season, but let the doctors decide when. This is not about this year, it’s about the next five. And beyond that.
The Bulls organization has said it is not going to pressure him to return. Check out the second item from Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated when he swung by NBC Sports Network’s Sports Talk show:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 4
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 9
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 21
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 20
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6