Oct 10, 2012, 1:29 AM EDT
The biggest threat to Derrick Rose re-injuring his ACL has always been Derrick Rose.
Rose is ultra competitive, the concern is he would push himself too hard to get back on the court for some February game before he was fully ready and the result was going to be some kind of setback. Adding pressure to return is whole series of web videos showing and hyping his rehab process.
But both Rose and the Bulls are talking patience. Which is a good thing.
Rose, for his part, was talking about taking it slow with Rachel Nichols of ESPN in an interview transcribed on to that site.
“When the time comes I just have to be ready and prove to the people here that I am ready to play. Who knows when that time is? If it’s all year I might wait the whole year, so what? If I come back at the All-Star (break), so what?
“If anything, I think I’ve learned it’s going to help me with my patience. I think I’m way more patient.”
Let the doctors decide. It’s most likely he is back this season, but let the doctors decide when. This is not about this year, it’s about the next five. And beyond that.
The Bulls organization has said it is not going to pressure him to return. Check out the second item from Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated when he swung by NBC Sports Network’s Sports Talk show:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 12
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 20
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 13
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42