Oct 10, 2012, 10:11 PM EST
Well, this is less than ideal for a Warriors team dreaming of the playoffs but with almost no margin for error.
“Just running, dunking, cutting … those are the main three things that I have problems with and I’m starting to respond well to that. But there’s still some tightness when it gets fatigued and that’s the main problem. It gets fatigued and my running pattern changes a little bit and that’s going to cause some problems. Otherwise, short bursts of 30- and 40-minute sessions are great and I’m doing well.”
Oh, just running, dunking and cutting. Well, at least those aren’t things one does in basketball all that often.
He’s got a few weeks and he might still make it back for opening night (Oct. 31 in Phoenix) but he knows the season is a marathon and he needs to be right when he returns, not race back just to be back.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 22
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18