Oct 10, 2012, 10:11 PM EDT
Well, this is less than ideal for a Warriors team dreaming of the playoffs but with almost no margin for error.
“Just running, dunking, cutting … those are the main three things that I have problems with and I’m starting to respond well to that. But there’s still some tightness when it gets fatigued and that’s the main problem. It gets fatigued and my running pattern changes a little bit and that’s going to cause some problems. Otherwise, short bursts of 30- and 40-minute sessions are great and I’m doing well.”
Oh, just running, dunking and cutting. Well, at least those aren’t things one does in basketball all that often.
He’s got a few weeks and he might still make it back for opening night (Oct. 31 in Phoenix) but he knows the season is a marathon and he needs to be right when he returns, not race back just to be back.
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 0
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 2
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5