Oct 10, 2012, 10:11 PM EDT
Well, this is less than ideal for a Warriors team dreaming of the playoffs but with almost no margin for error.
“Just running, dunking, cutting … those are the main three things that I have problems with and I’m starting to respond well to that. But there’s still some tightness when it gets fatigued and that’s the main problem. It gets fatigued and my running pattern changes a little bit and that’s going to cause some problems. Otherwise, short bursts of 30- and 40-minute sessions are great and I’m doing well.”
Oh, just running, dunking and cutting. Well, at least those aren’t things one does in basketball all that often.
He’s got a few weeks and he might still make it back for opening night (Oct. 31 in Phoenix) but he knows the season is a marathon and he needs to be right when he returns, not race back just to be back.
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 5
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 16
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 14
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 70
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 66
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14