Oct 10, 2012, 10:11 PM EDT
Well, this is less than ideal for a Warriors team dreaming of the playoffs but with almost no margin for error.
“Just running, dunking, cutting … those are the main three things that I have problems with and I’m starting to respond well to that. But there’s still some tightness when it gets fatigued and that’s the main problem. It gets fatigued and my running pattern changes a little bit and that’s going to cause some problems. Otherwise, short bursts of 30- and 40-minute sessions are great and I’m doing well.”
Oh, just running, dunking and cutting. Well, at least those aren’t things one does in basketball all that often.
He’s got a few weeks and he might still make it back for opening night (Oct. 31 in Phoenix) but he knows the season is a marathon and he needs to be right when he returns, not race back just to be back.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 38
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18