Oct 9, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
This is not an all-time classic or anything, but for a rookie making a play on a long-time veteran it’s pretty good. This is Warriors rookie Harrison Barnes throwing it down on Al Jefferson (who was late on the rotation but in part because Paul Millsap did nothing to slow Barnes coming off the pick, that reach was sad) from Monday night.
If you’re looking for a live dark horse in the Rookie of the Year race, Barnes is a good call. His game translates well to the NBA, he’s going to get a lot of opportunities and touches with Golden State, and it’s a team that could have some success this season. Expect a couple monster nights from him.
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 26
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 38
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 9
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 61
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2