Oct 9, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
This is not an all-time classic or anything, but for a rookie making a play on a long-time veteran it’s pretty good. This is Warriors rookie Harrison Barnes throwing it down on Al Jefferson (who was late on the rotation but in part because Paul Millsap did nothing to slow Barnes coming off the pick, that reach was sad) from Monday night.
If you’re looking for a live dark horse in the Rookie of the Year race, Barnes is a good call. His game translates well to the NBA, he’s going to get a lot of opportunities and touches with Golden State, and it’s a team that could have some success this season. Expect a couple monster nights from him.
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 4
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 13
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 16
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 11
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 23
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43