Oct 9, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
This is not an all-time classic or anything, but for a rookie making a play on a long-time veteran it’s pretty good. This is Warriors rookie Harrison Barnes throwing it down on Al Jefferson (who was late on the rotation but in part because Paul Millsap did nothing to slow Barnes coming off the pick, that reach was sad) from Monday night.
If you’re looking for a live dark horse in the Rookie of the Year race, Barnes is a good call. His game translates well to the NBA, he’s going to get a lot of opportunities and touches with Golden State, and it’s a team that could have some success this season. Expect a couple monster nights from him.
- Wednesday NBA grades: It’s LaMarcus Aldridge’s world and the Rockets have to live in it 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge ruining Dwight Howard’s chance at redemption 1
- Spurs give the ball away first, then Game 2 to Dallas 8
- Bobcats fight to the end, but Heat come away with 2-0 series lead 4
- PBT Extra: How ’bout them Wizards? 12