Oct 9, 2012, 11:54 PM EDT
We told you it was coming and it didn’t take long to get the deal done.
Tracy McGrady, wildly popular in China from his days playing next to Yao Ming, has signed a deal to play with Qingdao in the Chinese league this season, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports. This is a one-year contract.
McGracy had wanted an NBA contract but couldn’t get a guaranteed one, he was not terribly impressive for the Hawks last season, but this is a good option for him. McGrady will make good money but also prove he can still play the game at a high level.
If he does, the Chinese season ends in March and McGrady could latch on with a contender for the stretch run and playoffs.
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 0
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 13
- Celtics’ legend Cedric Maxwell stood in location of Boston Marathon bombing just minutes before 1
- 2014 PBT Awards: Executive of the Year 25
- Playoff Chase: We know all 16 teams going to dance, who dances with whom still up in air 13