Oct 9, 2012, 11:54 PM EST
We told you it was coming and it didn’t take long to get the deal done.
Tracy McGrady, wildly popular in China from his days playing next to Yao Ming, has signed a deal to play with Qingdao in the Chinese league this season, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports. This is a one-year contract.
McGracy had wanted an NBA contract but couldn’t get a guaranteed one, he was not terribly impressive for the Hawks last season, but this is a good option for him. McGrady will make good money but also prove he can still play the game at a high level.
If he does, the Chinese season ends in March and McGrady could latch on with a contender for the stretch run and playoffs.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 2
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30