Oct 9, 2012, 11:54 PM EDT
We told you it was coming and it didn’t take long to get the deal done.
Tracy McGrady, wildly popular in China from his days playing next to Yao Ming, has signed a deal to play with Qingdao in the Chinese league this season, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports. This is a one-year contract.
McGracy had wanted an NBA contract but couldn’t get a guaranteed one, he was not terribly impressive for the Hawks last season, but this is a good option for him. McGrady will make good money but also prove he can still play the game at a high level.
If he does, the Chinese season ends in March and McGrady could latch on with a contender for the stretch run and playoffs.
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 0
- Kevin Love pulling out of USA Basketball due to lingering likelihood of trade from Timberwolves 14
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 15
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 6
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 48
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 26
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 32