Oct 9, 2012, 11:54 PM EST
We told you it was coming and it didn’t take long to get the deal done.
Tracy McGrady, wildly popular in China from his days playing next to Yao Ming, has signed a deal to play with Qingdao in the Chinese league this season, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports. This is a one-year contract.
McGracy had wanted an NBA contract but couldn’t get a guaranteed one, he was not terribly impressive for the Hawks last season, but this is a good option for him. McGrady will make good money but also prove he can still play the game at a high level.
If he does, the Chinese season ends in March and McGrady could latch on with a contender for the stretch run and playoffs.
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 1
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 5
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 11
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 18
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 12
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 27
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 30