Oct 9, 2012, 11:54 PM EDT
We told you it was coming and it didn’t take long to get the deal done.
Tracy McGrady, wildly popular in China from his days playing next to Yao Ming, has signed a deal to play with Qingdao in the Chinese league this season, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports. This is a one-year contract.
McGracy had wanted an NBA contract but couldn’t get a guaranteed one, he was not terribly impressive for the Hawks last season, but this is a good option for him. McGrady will make good money but also prove he can still play the game at a high level.
If he does, the Chinese season ends in March and McGrady could latch on with a contender for the stretch run and playoffs.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 17
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 34
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85