Oct 9, 2012, 4:33 PM EDT
Hey rook, Kevin Garnett will bother to learn your name when you prove it’s worth his time. And you are nowhere close. Nowhere. Close.
It’s almost a running joke, around the Celtics facilities Garnett does not bother to call Boston’s crop of rookies by their names. Hasn’t in the past, he’s not going to start now.
I mean, why should he.
Jessica Camerato of CSNNE.com had the idea to ask the rookies what KG calls them, here are some highlights.
Fab Melo: “The Youngin. [He calls] everybody Youngin. Oh, and Melo. He calls me by my last name . . . He never calls me Fab. I don’t really care about that stuff. In Brazil, we don’t care. We call first name, last name, it doesn’t really matter. I don’t mind.”
Dionte Christmas: “He called me Temple (Christmas’ alma mater, Temple University). It was cool, it was alright. I respect it.”
Jared Sullinger: “Youngin.”
I love the way these guys say they are cool with it, as if KG cares.
We’re going to miss Garnett when he’s gone. The next crop of rookie’s won’t, but we will.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 2
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16