Oct 9, 2012, 4:33 PM EST
Hey rook, Kevin Garnett will bother to learn your name when you prove it’s worth his time. And you are nowhere close. Nowhere. Close.
It’s almost a running joke, around the Celtics facilities Garnett does not bother to call Boston’s crop of rookies by their names. Hasn’t in the past, he’s not going to start now.
I mean, why should he.
Jessica Camerato of CSNNE.com had the idea to ask the rookies what KG calls them, here are some highlights.
Fab Melo: “The Youngin. [He calls] everybody Youngin. Oh, and Melo. He calls me by my last name . . . He never calls me Fab. I don’t really care about that stuff. In Brazil, we don’t care. We call first name, last name, it doesn’t really matter. I don’t mind.”
Dionte Christmas: “He called me Temple (Christmas’ alma mater, Temple University). It was cool, it was alright. I respect it.”
Jared Sullinger: “Youngin.”
I love the way these guys say they are cool with it, as if KG cares.
We’re going to miss Garnett when he’s gone. The next crop of rookie’s won’t, but we will.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 0
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 4
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 21
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 38
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5