Oct 9, 2012, 4:33 PM EST
Hey rook, Kevin Garnett will bother to learn your name when you prove it’s worth his time. And you are nowhere close. Nowhere. Close.
It’s almost a running joke, around the Celtics facilities Garnett does not bother to call Boston’s crop of rookies by their names. Hasn’t in the past, he’s not going to start now.
I mean, why should he.
Jessica Camerato of CSNNE.com had the idea to ask the rookies what KG calls them, here are some highlights.
Fab Melo: “The Youngin. [He calls] everybody Youngin. Oh, and Melo. He calls me by my last name . . . He never calls me Fab. I don’t really care about that stuff. In Brazil, we don’t care. We call first name, last name, it doesn’t really matter. I don’t mind.”
Dionte Christmas: “He called me Temple (Christmas’ alma mater, Temple University). It was cool, it was alright. I respect it.”
Jared Sullinger: “Youngin.”
I love the way these guys say they are cool with it, as if KG cares.
We’re going to miss Garnett when he’s gone. The next crop of rookie’s won’t, but we will.
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 0
- Report: JaVale McGee close to signing with Celtics 25
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 17
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 13
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6