Oct 9, 2012, 4:33 PM EST
Hey rook, Kevin Garnett will bother to learn your name when you prove it’s worth his time. And you are nowhere close. Nowhere. Close.
It’s almost a running joke, around the Celtics facilities Garnett does not bother to call Boston’s crop of rookies by their names. Hasn’t in the past, he’s not going to start now.
I mean, why should he.
Jessica Camerato of CSNNE.com had the idea to ask the rookies what KG calls them, here are some highlights.
Fab Melo: “The Youngin. [He calls] everybody Youngin. Oh, and Melo. He calls me by my last name . . . He never calls me Fab. I don’t really care about that stuff. In Brazil, we don’t care. We call first name, last name, it doesn’t really matter. I don’t mind.”
Dionte Christmas: “He called me Temple (Christmas’ alma mater, Temple University). It was cool, it was alright. I respect it.”
Jared Sullinger: “Youngin.”
I love the way these guys say they are cool with it, as if KG cares.
We’re going to miss Garnett when he’s gone. The next crop of rookie’s won’t, but we will.
- Trade rumor update: Nets may be Kyle Lowry frontrunners 5
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 13: Talking Asik, Gasol trades plus NBA Draft with Rob Dauster 1
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. 29
- Report: Grizzlies shopping Zach Randolph around, want deal with Pelicans 7
- Nets notes: Kidd takes some credit, Lopez downplays injury, and Pierce off the bench 2
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (66)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (53)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (45)