Oct 9, 2012, 4:33 PM EDT
Hey rook, Kevin Garnett will bother to learn your name when you prove it’s worth his time. And you are nowhere close. Nowhere. Close.
It’s almost a running joke, around the Celtics facilities Garnett does not bother to call Boston’s crop of rookies by their names. Hasn’t in the past, he’s not going to start now.
I mean, why should he.
Jessica Camerato of CSNNE.com had the idea to ask the rookies what KG calls them, here are some highlights.
Fab Melo: “The Youngin. [He calls] everybody Youngin. Oh, and Melo. He calls me by my last name . . . He never calls me Fab. I don’t really care about that stuff. In Brazil, we don’t care. We call first name, last name, it doesn’t really matter. I don’t mind.”
Dionte Christmas: “He called me Temple (Christmas’ alma mater, Temple University). It was cool, it was alright. I respect it.”
Jared Sullinger: “Youngin.”
I love the way these guys say they are cool with it, as if KG cares.
We’re going to miss Garnett when he’s gone. The next crop of rookie’s won’t, but we will.
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 10
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 9
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 12
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 9
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 46
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 5
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19