Here are your official NBA championship odds

Oct 9, 2012, 1:24 PM EST

NBA Finals Game 7:  Boston Celtics v Los Angeles Lakers Getty Images

So, the Miami Heat are the favorites to win the NBA title and the Charlotte Bobcats are the longest shot. Some things never change.

Below are the NBA championship odds for all 30 teams, courtesy online gaming site Bovada. Remember that odds are not there to tell you who the book thinks will win, rather it’s about predicting what the public thinks, placing odds that will draw in betters and maximize return to the bookmakers. They are in this for profit.

Now, if I were a gambler (and no, I do not bet NBA) I would be looking for the best return on my investment, which means the Heat at just a hair over 2-1 may be the clear favorites but they are not a great bet. Of the three elite NBA title contenders, I would bet on the Thunder because I could make 4.5 for every one of my dollars if they win. Also, I might bet Boston because even though they need a lot of things to go right to have a shot at a ring, they have a puncher’s chance and would pay well at 18-1.

But for the record, we are not endorsing or suggesting you bet.

Miami Heat 11/5
Detroit Pistons 200/1
Sacramento Kings 200/1
Toronto Raptors 200/1
Washington Wizards 200/1
Charlotte Bobcats 500/1

1. paulhargis53 - Oct 9, 2012 at 1:39 PM

I’m sure a certain laker fan is going to see this, not read the article, not understand what the odds are really all about and proclaim this as justification for his idiotic ramblings. It’s as sure as death and taxes, aint that right lakerluver?!

• nayan504 - Oct 9, 2012 at 2:20 PM

you suck

• cosanostra71 - Oct 9, 2012 at 4:16 PM

You’re just mad that the celtics only have the fifth best odds.

• hehateme2 - Oct 9, 2012 at 4:25 PM

I see blowhard paul is back spewing again. celts suck

• therealhtj - Oct 9, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Poor sad pathetic Celtic troll at it again.

2. doesntmatteratallyall - Oct 9, 2012 at 2:18 PM

That 66/1 on the Nuggets looks mighty appetizing at a $25 bet.

3. jjordannba - Oct 9, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Why are the Bulls so high?

• zerole00 - Oct 9, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Yeah I don’t get it. I thought Chicago’s plan for this season was
      1) give Rose enough time to recoever
      2) stay healthy
      3) probably get a good draft pick

• zerole00 - Oct 10, 2012 at 10:22 AM

On second thought, I think Chicago’s supposed to be the sucker bet.

4. cantonbound13 - Oct 9, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Knicks 35-1? Like the odds. Bet the house on it.

• 1972wasalongtimeago - Oct 9, 2012 at 3:18 PM

All jokes aside, Sixers at 50-1 seems like the best value on the board.

• beavertonsteve - Oct 9, 2012 at 6:52 PM

I’d rather have the Sixers at 50-1 than the Nets at 30-1 or the Knicks at 35-1.

• tcclark - Oct 10, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I’m a Sixers fan, and I agree, but I think this might be a tie with Denver. 66-1 for a team that might be third in the west and now has a defensive stopper for Kobe and Durant? A team with that kind of offense finally getting some defense can be really scary. 66-1 is a bargain.

• eventhorizon04 - Oct 9, 2012 at 6:50 PM

“Bet the house on it.”

Only if you want to become homeless.

• beavertonsteve - Oct 9, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Going to be a lot of homeless Knicks fans…

5. lakerluver - Oct 9, 2012 at 4:01 PM

@nayan504
    Thanks, bro. Nothing left for me to say.

6. paulhargis53 - Oct 9, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Of course there isn’t anything for you to say…..I have you dead to rights in that posting…

Relying on others to fight your battles is,a sad way to go through life, junior.

• cosanostra71 - Oct 9, 2012 at 4:17 PM

your obsession with LAKERluver is pretty pathetic.

• cosanostra71 - Oct 9, 2012 at 4:18 PM

and don’t give me that “I only respond to him” crap. You had the first comment on this article and you immediately started whining about him.

7. paulhargis53 - Oct 9, 2012 at 5:13 PM

And there is the first dummy to not read the post and think the odds.mean anything…..
    You people are soooo dumb, I’m laughing at everyone of you….fish.in.a.barrel.

• eventhorizon04 - Oct 9, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Lakerluver is a diehard Lakers homer.

But you’re mentally disturbed, with a weird obsession with an internet commenter you’ve never met.

Stop laughing and seek treatment.

• manchestermiracle - Oct 10, 2012 at 12:09 AM

‘fish in a barrel.’ As in shooting them? The only thing I ever see you shooting off here is your big mouth or yourself in the foot.

• manchestermiracle - Oct 10, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Oh, were you that guy that went hunting with Dick Cheney?

8. money2long - Oct 9, 2012 at 5:34 PM

yeaaa, knicks in the upper half. i like.

• 00maltliquor - Oct 9, 2012 at 7:19 PM

I’m not a Knick fan, hated on them last year, but real talk…they have a shot. A very long shot that would have to have EV-ER-RY-THING go right for them i.e. injuries at a minimum, no key injuries in the playoffs, Melo needs to share the ball/play D/play fair with Amare, and a little injury bug hit key East teams, but it’s a punchers chance nonetheless. I think they will be the 7th-9th best team in the L this season. Bummer Camby hurt now, add to the list of Shump’ and Brewer (big bummer).

• money2long - Oct 10, 2012 at 9:40 AM

agree

9. zerole00 - Oct 9, 2012 at 5:51 PM

I think Thunder and Spurs would be my safe bets. I might throw in a dollar for the Bobcats at 500/1 odds though.

• beavertonsteve - Oct 9, 2012 at 6:56 PM

I tried to come up with a scenario where the Bobcats had a chance. All I could come up with was some crazy Ebola outbreak that cleaned out all the Olympic basketball teams in London, so I think they missed their chance.

• tcclark - Oct 10, 2012 at 10:53 PM

yeah and even if it’s a very slow acting virus, that really only hurts a handful of teams like the Heat, Thunder, Lakers, Spurs, Knicks, Nets, Nuggets, etc. Teams like Philly and Boston would still be fine. No Olympians. Sorry Bobcats

10. 00maltliquor - Oct 9, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Wowww…how’s CHI that high?? I got them barely scraping and clawing into the playoffs with no higher then a 7th seed! And the Rockets stand out too. I Love HOU man, but I got them fighting NOH for the 15th and last spot out West. ORL should be 1,500/1 !!!

11. proballerslounge - Oct 9, 2012 at 11:54 PM

12. paulhargis53 - Oct 10, 2012 at 11:17 AM

manchester: You’re responding to a guy who has let you know what his modus operandi on this site is. Yes, fish.in.a.barrel. The only thing you shoot, is a load in your pants over every laker article.

event: I have no obsession. I detest the type of fan he is. I enjoy ridiculing him, its a time passer at work and he invites the abuse.
    Cosa: Who is whining? I’m using his ignorant ass to make a point.

13. kavika6 - Oct 11, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Celtics same as the Spurs? What a joke. Spurs are much better.

Can red hot Warriors sustain success?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches