Oct 9, 2012, 11:51 AM EST
Former Knicks and Pistons player Donnie Butcher, who went on to coach the Pistons for three seasons, has passed away, reports the Detroit Free Press.
Butcher was a seventh-round pick of the New York Knicks, the only NBA player ever to come out of Pikeville College, and played five seasons in the NBA with the Knicks then Pistons. He went on to coach the Pistons (after Dave DeBusschere) for three seasons, compiling a 52-60 record and making the playoffs in 1968.
Our condolences go out to his family and friends.
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 0
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 4
- Spurs get a little revenge, along with season’s signature win in takedown of Heat 21
- Suns’ rookie Alex Len takes to court with #prayforukraine on shoes 18
- Paul George wants LeBron James to be his mentor 41