Oct 9, 2012, 3:03 PM EDT
Chris Paul was back on the court with his Clippers teammates.
Held back by doctors after off-season thumb surgery, he has been cleared for full-contact practices and is out there getting run. That’s the good news. It doesn’t mean we are going to get to see him against the Miami Heat as the two teams play a couple of preseason games in China. The Clippers are being cautious with their superstar, he is not playing overseas and likely only plays in a game or two once they get back stateside.
Paul’s first practice was in Beijing and he sounded positive with what he told Clippers.com.
“It felt great [to practice],” Paul said. “I actually felt like I was part of the team. I was a little winded out there, but it felt good to get back out there and get in the mix.”
Any chance the Clippers have to challenge the Thunder or Lakers hinges on a superhuman Chris Paul. With that, the Clippers should be cautious about his return. They are doing the right thing, even if the fans in China miss out on the show.
Also, Grant Hill returned to the Clippers, he got a couple extra days rest and didn’t play in the team’s preseason opener last Friday.
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 8
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 13
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 21
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 88
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 22