Oct 9, 2012, 3:03 PM EST
Chris Paul was back on the court with his Clippers teammates.
Held back by doctors after off-season thumb surgery, he has been cleared for full-contact practices and is out there getting run. That’s the good news. It doesn’t mean we are going to get to see him against the Miami Heat as the two teams play a couple of preseason games in China. The Clippers are being cautious with their superstar, he is not playing overseas and likely only plays in a game or two once they get back stateside.
Paul’s first practice was in Beijing and he sounded positive with what he told Clippers.com.
“It felt great [to practice],” Paul said. “I actually felt like I was part of the team. I was a little winded out there, but it felt good to get back out there and get in the mix.”
Any chance the Clippers have to challenge the Thunder or Lakers hinges on a superhuman Chris Paul. With that, the Clippers should be cautious about his return. They are doing the right thing, even if the fans in China miss out on the show.
Also, Grant Hill returned to the Clippers, he got a couple extra days rest and didn’t play in the team’s preseason opener last Friday.
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 9
- LeBron James likely to start at center for Eastern Conference All-Stars 5
- Report: Sixers a viable trade destination for Omer Asik 11
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 6
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 30
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (46)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)