Oct 9, 2012, 3:03 PM EDT
Chris Paul was back on the court with his Clippers teammates.
Held back by doctors after off-season thumb surgery, he has been cleared for full-contact practices and is out there getting run. That’s the good news. It doesn’t mean we are going to get to see him against the Miami Heat as the two teams play a couple of preseason games in China. The Clippers are being cautious with their superstar, he is not playing overseas and likely only plays in a game or two once they get back stateside.
Paul’s first practice was in Beijing and he sounded positive with what he told Clippers.com.
“It felt great [to practice],” Paul said. “I actually felt like I was part of the team. I was a little winded out there, but it felt good to get back out there and get in the mix.”
Any chance the Clippers have to challenge the Thunder or Lakers hinges on a superhuman Chris Paul. With that, the Clippers should be cautious about his return. They are doing the right thing, even if the fans in China miss out on the show.
Also, Grant Hill returned to the Clippers, he got a couple extra days rest and didn’t play in the team’s preseason opener last Friday.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 7
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4