Oct 9, 2012, 3:03 PM EST
Chris Paul was back on the court with his Clippers teammates.
Held back by doctors after off-season thumb surgery, he has been cleared for full-contact practices and is out there getting run. That’s the good news. It doesn’t mean we are going to get to see him against the Miami Heat as the two teams play a couple of preseason games in China. The Clippers are being cautious with their superstar, he is not playing overseas and likely only plays in a game or two once they get back stateside.
Paul’s first practice was in Beijing and he sounded positive with what he told Clippers.com.
“It felt great [to practice],” Paul said. “I actually felt like I was part of the team. I was a little winded out there, but it felt good to get back out there and get in the mix.”
Any chance the Clippers have to challenge the Thunder or Lakers hinges on a superhuman Chris Paul. With that, the Clippers should be cautious about his return. They are doing the right thing, even if the fans in China miss out on the show.
Also, Grant Hill returned to the Clippers, he got a couple extra days rest and didn’t play in the team’s preseason opener last Friday.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 9
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11