Oct 9, 2012, 3:03 PM EDT
Chris Paul was back on the court with his Clippers teammates.
Held back by doctors after off-season thumb surgery, he has been cleared for full-contact practices and is out there getting run. That’s the good news. It doesn’t mean we are going to get to see him against the Miami Heat as the two teams play a couple of preseason games in China. The Clippers are being cautious with their superstar, he is not playing overseas and likely only plays in a game or two once they get back stateside.
Paul’s first practice was in Beijing and he sounded positive with what he told Clippers.com.
“It felt great [to practice],” Paul said. “I actually felt like I was part of the team. I was a little winded out there, but it felt good to get back out there and get in the mix.”
Any chance the Clippers have to challenge the Thunder or Lakers hinges on a superhuman Chris Paul. With that, the Clippers should be cautious about his return. They are doing the right thing, even if the fans in China miss out on the show.
Also, Grant Hill returned to the Clippers, he got a couple extra days rest and didn’t play in the team’s preseason opener last Friday.
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 0
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 12
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 52
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6