Oct 9, 2012, 11:27 AM EDT
There are a lot of changes in Philadelphia, but Andrew Bynum is at the hub of them all.
But so far this season, while the Sixers have spirited practices with players fighting for positions and minutes, Bynum has been on the sideline. He ended up with a bone bruise from the knee procedure he had done in Germany (the Orthokine/Kobe treatment) and the Sixers are being cautious bringing him in.
But he says he’s getting better. From CSNPhilly.com.
“I feel pretty good and I am definitely getting better,” Bynum said. “I just really have been trying to get down the offense because it is brand new….
“I think if all the beans were on the table, I would be out there,” Bynum said, to help define the status of his injury.”
Bynum said all the right things about wanting to be on the floor with his teammates. Expect to see him in practice and a couple of preseason games the final weeks before the season. Which has always been the schedule.
The Sixers have big plans this season and they do not really involve games in mid-October. So they can be patient.
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 21
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 6
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 39
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 63
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 62
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40