Oct 9, 2012, 11:27 AM EST
There are a lot of changes in Philadelphia, but Andrew Bynum is at the hub of them all.
But so far this season, while the Sixers have spirited practices with players fighting for positions and minutes, Bynum has been on the sideline. He ended up with a bone bruise from the knee procedure he had done in Germany (the Orthokine/Kobe treatment) and the Sixers are being cautious bringing him in.
But he says he’s getting better. From CSNPhilly.com.
“I feel pretty good and I am definitely getting better,” Bynum said. “I just really have been trying to get down the offense because it is brand new….
“I think if all the beans were on the table, I would be out there,” Bynum said, to help define the status of his injury.”
Bynum said all the right things about wanting to be on the floor with his teammates. Expect to see him in practice and a couple of preseason games the final weeks before the season. Which has always been the schedule.
The Sixers have big plans this season and they do not really involve games in mid-October. So they can be patient.
- Damian Lillard, as stature grows, refuses to become content 0
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 6
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 11
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 19
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 54
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11