Oct 9, 2012, 11:27 AM EDT
There are a lot of changes in Philadelphia, but Andrew Bynum is at the hub of them all.
But so far this season, while the Sixers have spirited practices with players fighting for positions and minutes, Bynum has been on the sideline. He ended up with a bone bruise from the knee procedure he had done in Germany (the Orthokine/Kobe treatment) and the Sixers are being cautious bringing him in.
But he says he’s getting better. From CSNPhilly.com.
“I feel pretty good and I am definitely getting better,” Bynum said. “I just really have been trying to get down the offense because it is brand new….
“I think if all the beans were on the table, I would be out there,” Bynum said, to help define the status of his injury.”
Bynum said all the right things about wanting to be on the floor with his teammates. Expect to see him in practice and a couple of preseason games the final weeks before the season. Which has always been the schedule.
The Sixers have big plans this season and they do not really involve games in mid-October. So they can be patient.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 7
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48