Oct 9, 2012, 11:27 AM EST
There are a lot of changes in Philadelphia, but Andrew Bynum is at the hub of them all.
But so far this season, while the Sixers have spirited practices with players fighting for positions and minutes, Bynum has been on the sideline. He ended up with a bone bruise from the knee procedure he had done in Germany (the Orthokine/Kobe treatment) and the Sixers are being cautious bringing him in.
But he says he’s getting better. From CSNPhilly.com.
“I feel pretty good and I am definitely getting better,” Bynum said. “I just really have been trying to get down the offense because it is brand new….
“I think if all the beans were on the table, I would be out there,” Bynum said, to help define the status of his injury.”
Bynum said all the right things about wanting to be on the floor with his teammates. Expect to see him in practice and a couple of preseason games the final weeks before the season. Which has always been the schedule.
The Sixers have big plans this season and they do not really involve games in mid-October. So they can be patient.
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 6
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 15
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1