Oct 8, 2012, 8:01 AM EDT
Of course, that means keeping some guys under contract, like Andrew Bynum getting a new deal after this season. And then there is Jrue Holliday who is up for a contract extension.
The two sides have until Oct. 31 to reach a deal. If not, the Sixers will extend a qualifying offer that Holiday will not sign, and he will then be a restricted free agent next summer — other teams can make offers but Philly can match.
And that may be the way Sixers management wants it, to let the market decide his worth. Or, maybe they work out a deal in the next couple of weeks and just move on. They are at least talking.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 2
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16