Oct 8, 2012, 6:54 PM EST
Kyle Lowry has a lot of expectations heaped on him in Toronto. No pressure. But he was the Raptors biggest offseason move and while GM Bryan Colangelo may see him as a trade chip fans see him as a guy who can improve the team.
But not this week.
The Raptors announced they will rest Lowry this week for all three preseason games the team plays, something first tweeted by Ryan Wolstat of the Toronto Sun. The reason is to let him rest a strained adductor muscle, which is part of the thigh.
In the regular season this would mean more Jose Calderon. Right now in preseason, it will mean more Calderon and some experimentation, starting with the game against Real Madrid Monday night. It’s not really a big deal and this is the time of year to rest these injuries and not let them linger to when games matter.
But it is something to watch. As is Lowry in a contract year.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 12
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 58
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7