Oct 8, 2012, 6:54 PM EDT
Kyle Lowry has a lot of expectations heaped on him in Toronto. No pressure. But he was the Raptors biggest offseason move and while GM Bryan Colangelo may see him as a trade chip fans see him as a guy who can improve the team.
But not this week.
The Raptors announced they will rest Lowry this week for all three preseason games the team plays, something first tweeted by Ryan Wolstat of the Toronto Sun. The reason is to let him rest a strained adductor muscle, which is part of the thigh.
In the regular season this would mean more Jose Calderon. Right now in preseason, it will mean more Calderon and some experimentation, starting with the game against Real Madrid Monday night. It’s not really a big deal and this is the time of year to rest these injuries and not let them linger to when games matter.
But it is something to watch. As is Lowry in a contract year.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 0
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 40
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 53
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16