Nash crossed Jarrett Jack, looked good in Lakers debut

Oct 8, 2012, 4:41 PM EDT

That is the highlight everyone is talking about in Los Angeles, Steve Nash crossing over Jarrett Jack during the Lakers preseason opener against the Warriors in Fresno.

It’s really not what Nash did best in this game.

What Nash did well is something the Lakers have not done consistently in recent years — quick ball movement from the strong to weak side. Skip passes. Early in the game Nash drove into the lane and kicked out to Kobe Bryant for an open three. On more than one occasion he skipped the ball as soon as the defense started to over-commit to him and the ball side. While Kobe tended to dribble a lot to draw a defense to him then sometimes made that pass later in the clock, Nash showed no hesitation.

Once Dwight Howard returns, once Nash gets more comfortable with him and Pau Gasol, the Lakers offense is going to be devastatingly good. The other end of the floor will be the test.

1. progress2011 - Oct 8, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Jarrett can’t play D-fense worth JACK !

He was probably casually telling nash, I’m glad you got that greasy mop, cut off your head !

2. lakerluver - Oct 8, 2012 at 5:17 PM

^^Dude, give Nash some respect!! I don’t care if Jack’s not the best defensive pg in the league, Nash is darn near 40 and STILL schooling pg’s much younger!!

3. paulhargis53 - Oct 8, 2012 at 6:12 PM

“Schooling” a bad defensive guard forbone play in preseason is nothing for you to get a stiff chiclet about.

I cannot believe you continue to post. Do you have any shame whatsoever?

• escapingexile - Oct 8, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Do you have an alarm on your phone or computer that goes off when lakerluver posts something? Seriously, sometimes the two of you are pretty comical. I indulge in a nice laugh early mornings at work at the expense of your back and forth between each other. I’m seriously starting to wonder about it though. I don’t know that I have ever seen a post by lakerluver in which you don’t respond….

• limonadamas - Oct 8, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Seriously… He really needs to get a life. The fact that he’s so obsessed with trying to refute and insult other anonymous posters is really sad.

4. paulhargis53 - Oct 8, 2012 at 7:05 PM

escaping: If you look at the time stamps, my comment was nearly an hour apart from his.

Limon: If it bothers you so much, why not stop reading when you see my name?
    Why must you whine about it? Nobody is forcing you to read my posts.

You post how you want to, I will post as I see fit. Lakerluver invites abuse. I enjoy passing my time insulting him, he is an ignorant tool and he is the one who picked this fight.

5. lakerluver - Oct 8, 2012 at 8:10 PM

I’ve been saying the same thing for months, fellas. I’m glad others have picked up on the antics of this sicko. Notice it’s ALWAYS him posting after me, about me! It is never the other way around. It’s sorta creepy to tell you the truth. But I love sports talk, and my LAKERS, too much to let a weirdo spoil my fun. It’s obviously his cry out for attention.

6. mytthor - Oct 8, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Disagree that the Laker offense is going to happen, and the defense will be the question mark. I think it’s the opposite. Howard has shown he can take 4 below average defenders and make them a great defensive team, and we know Brown can coach defense. MWP isn’t the best defender in the league anymore, but he’s still very good, and all accounts say he’s in great shape this year. Kobe picks his spots but he’s usually on the 2nd best wing on the other team, and can step it up when needed. With Nash on board he should have more energy for the defensive end. Gasol is above average – he’s mobile and smart, if not great. Nash is the only poor defender in the starting lineup, and he’s at least a smart enough player to get beat in the “right” direction and funnel the drives to Howard.

7. dal24la - Oct 8, 2012 at 9:59 PM

I think I’m going to cry every time Nash goes to the bench (not including blowouts). The dropoff would be like going from being a Lakers fan to a Bobcats fan…

8. paulhargis53 - Oct 9, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Poor put upon lakerluver. You invite the crap that you take. You also fail to mention your “supposed posts to get you know who to respond”. So which is it fanboy? I’m the sicko? You drool over grown men like a teenaged girl!

Dude, you’re somewhere around 38 years old, its not normal for you to be this infatuated with men.

Don’t you have anything else going on in your life. Is your life actually that sad that the Lakers are all that you have?

For a guy that “loves sports talk and his Lakers”, you certainly know very little about them.

I bet you wish you had never started in with me. I’m not going anywhere, its going to be a very looong season for you.

I’m sure you come on here to talk because you’ve annoyed everyone in your everyday life.
    I’m dumbfounded that anyone on here defends you. You’ll be gone soon enough though…..

9. 00maltliquor - Oct 9, 2012 at 5:15 PM

paulhargis53 said, “…it’s not normal for you to be infatuated with men.”

LOL!!! Oh the sweet irony. Unless lakerluver is a woman, paul’s infatuation with LL is off the charts!

excapingexile- That post had me rolling! Good question.

10. paulhargis53 - Oct 9, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Malt, the difference between lakerluver and I is that while
    He is talking about men, he’s nursing a hardon, I’m not.

I just detest the guy. It speaks volumes about you that you defend th doofus.

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches