Oct 8, 2012, 11:05 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like men love Mila Kunis.
• Rookie Royce White joined the Houston Rockets training camp Monday, with an agreement sort of in place to deal with his anxiety disorder (he’ll be taking a bus to most team road games). It’s good to see him there and the organization trying to accommodate him not just look past a talented player because things might be a little harder. Feel free to draw your own life/business conclusions from that.
• J.J. Hickson is your starting center for the Portland Trail Blazers, at least right now through the preseason. Yes, that J.J. Hickson.
• It’s not really a surprise, but the Clippers confirmed Chris Paul will not play against the Heat in preseason games in China due to his thumb surgery recovery.
• DeJuan Blair is having trouble finding a defined role on the Spurs this season, and he’s a little frustrated with that. If you’re looking for guys to put near the top of your “I bet they get traded” list, Blair would be a good choice.
• Rasheed Wallace is getting in shape for the Knicks by boxing. There’s a joke there but I just can’t find it.
• There are some Celtics fans who, after Jared Sullinger had a couple good preseason games against Euro teams, are thinking he should start over Brandon Bass. I think those fans need to get back on their meds. But Sullinger can be important for the Celtics.
• Here is a full transcription of a radio interview with Phil Jackson, where he says among other things it is not going to be easier for LeBron James to win another title now that he has won one.
• Speaking of radio interview transcripts, here is Magic coach Jacque Vaughn dodging the word rebuilding but basically saying just that.
• Things went off without much of a hitch at the new Barclay Center in Brooklyn for the recent run of Jay-Z concerts, but there were issues with the first basketball event (a Harlem Globetrotters event).
• And we close tonight with Scott Machado‘s sweet no-look alley-oop pass.
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 13
- LeBron James likely to start at center for Eastern Conference All-Stars 6
- Report: Sixers a viable trade destination for Omer Asik 11
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 6
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 30
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (46)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)