Oct 8, 2012, 11:05 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like men love Mila Kunis.
• Rookie Royce White joined the Houston Rockets training camp Monday, with an agreement sort of in place to deal with his anxiety disorder (he’ll be taking a bus to most team road games). It’s good to see him there and the organization trying to accommodate him not just look past a talented player because things might be a little harder. Feel free to draw your own life/business conclusions from that.
• J.J. Hickson is your starting center for the Portland Trail Blazers, at least right now through the preseason. Yes, that J.J. Hickson.
• It’s not really a surprise, but the Clippers confirmed Chris Paul will not play against the Heat in preseason games in China due to his thumb surgery recovery.
• DeJuan Blair is having trouble finding a defined role on the Spurs this season, and he’s a little frustrated with that. If you’re looking for guys to put near the top of your “I bet they get traded” list, Blair would be a good choice.
• Rasheed Wallace is getting in shape for the Knicks by boxing. There’s a joke there but I just can’t find it.
• There are some Celtics fans who, after Jared Sullinger had a couple good preseason games against Euro teams, are thinking he should start over Brandon Bass. I think those fans need to get back on their meds. But Sullinger can be important for the Celtics.
• Here is a full transcription of a radio interview with Phil Jackson, where he says among other things it is not going to be easier for LeBron James to win another title now that he has won one.
• Speaking of radio interview transcripts, here is Magic coach Jacque Vaughn dodging the word rebuilding but basically saying just that.
• Things went off without much of a hitch at the new Barclay Center in Brooklyn for the recent run of Jay-Z concerts, but there were issues with the first basketball event (a Harlem Globetrotters event).
• And we close tonight with Scott Machado‘s sweet no-look alley-oop pass.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13