Oct 8, 2012, 9:19 PM EDT
But now Hill is out with a herniated disc in his back, reports the Lakers (hat tip to Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register). Hill was seen putting heat on his back on the bench at the end of the Lakers Sunday night game against Golden State in Fresno.
Hill will be re-evaluated in a week. As it is the preseason it would mean the Lakers will go slow with bringing Hill back.
If this were to happen in the regular season, Pau Gasol would be playing the five a lot. What it might mean is the rookie Robert Sacre — the Gonzaga big man out of Canada who was the 60th and last pick in the draft — stands a better chance of making the opening day roster. Depends on how everyone else heals up front, because the Lakers depth is nonexistent right now.
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 0
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 58
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 21
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10