Oct 8, 2012, 9:19 PM EDT
But now Hill is out with a herniated disc in his back, reports the Lakers (hat tip to Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register). Hill was seen putting heat on his back on the bench at the end of the Lakers Sunday night game against Golden State in Fresno.
Hill will be re-evaluated in a week. As it is the preseason it would mean the Lakers will go slow with bringing Hill back.
If this were to happen in the regular season, Pau Gasol would be playing the five a lot. What it might mean is the rookie Robert Sacre — the Gonzaga big man out of Canada who was the 60th and last pick in the draft — stands a better chance of making the opening day roster. Depends on how everyone else heals up front, because the Lakers depth is nonexistent right now.
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 0
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 1
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13