Oct 8, 2012, 9:19 PM EST
But now Hill is out with a herniated disc in his back, reports the Lakers (hat tip to Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register). Hill was seen putting heat on his back on the bench at the end of the Lakers Sunday night game against Golden State in Fresno.
Hill will be re-evaluated in a week. As it is the preseason it would mean the Lakers will go slow with bringing Hill back.
If this were to happen in the regular season, Pau Gasol would be playing the five a lot. What it might mean is the rookie Robert Sacre — the Gonzaga big man out of Canada who was the 60th and last pick in the draft — stands a better chance of making the opening day roster. Depends on how everyone else heals up front, because the Lakers depth is nonexistent right now.
- Brook Lopez suffers broken foot, out for the season 2
- Duke’s Jabari Parker doesn’t back away from Carmelo Anthony comparison 10
- Michael Carter-Williams returns to Sixers lineup Friday against Nets 6
- Report: Bulls not looking to trade Luol Deng. Why would you think that? 16
- Kendrick Perkins tells Joakim Noah to “get your a– up out’ of Thunder locker room 36
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (70)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (60)
- Chicago columnist hammers Derrick Rose as no longer humble star (56)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- LeBron angrily goes after Mario Chalmers on the Heat bench (VIDEO) (50)