Oct 7, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
The Kings are apparently thinking about going with a super-big lineup. From the Sacramento Bee:
Don’t rule out Thomas Robinson seeing time at small forward during the preseason. During one 5-on-5 session, Robinson was the small forward with Chuck Hayes and DeMarcus Cousins the other frontcourt players. Jimmer Fredette and Marcus Thornton were the other players on the squad. That squad beat a team of Isaiah Thomas, John Salmons, Willie Reed, Francisco Garcia and Cyril Awere. The final score was 7-2.
Robinson was also at small forward during the session open to the media Tuesday in Sacramento.
The question there is whether Robinson has the lateral speed to keep up with small forwards. He’d have to be matched up against similar big lineups. Basically, if it’s against the Hornets, that could work. But it’s a weird lineup because it’s essentially three non-tall-for-their-position players in one lineup. If Robinson has some range, though, that would help tremendously.
Additionally, that lineup would have all of the rebounds, ever. Maybe that’s the plan. Get all of the rebounds, and then just let Thomas and Thornton shoot over and over again.
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 27
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 52
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 47
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 26
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 22