Oct 7, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
The Kings are apparently thinking about going with a super-big lineup. From the Sacramento Bee:
Don’t rule out Thomas Robinson seeing time at small forward during the preseason. During one 5-on-5 session, Robinson was the small forward with Chuck Hayes and DeMarcus Cousins the other frontcourt players. Jimmer Fredette and Marcus Thornton were the other players on the squad. That squad beat a team of Isaiah Thomas, John Salmons, Willie Reed, Francisco Garcia and Cyril Awere. The final score was 7-2.
Robinson was also at small forward during the session open to the media Tuesday in Sacramento.
The question there is whether Robinson has the lateral speed to keep up with small forwards. He’d have to be matched up against similar big lineups. Basically, if it’s against the Hornets, that could work. But it’s a weird lineup because it’s essentially three non-tall-for-their-position players in one lineup. If Robinson has some range, though, that would help tremendously.
Additionally, that lineup would have all of the rebounds, ever. Maybe that’s the plan. Get all of the rebounds, and then just let Thomas and Thornton shoot over and over again.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 0
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 12
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14