Oct 7, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
The Kings are apparently thinking about going with a super-big lineup. From the Sacramento Bee:
Don’t rule out Thomas Robinson seeing time at small forward during the preseason. During one 5-on-5 session, Robinson was the small forward with Chuck Hayes and DeMarcus Cousins the other frontcourt players. Jimmer Fredette and Marcus Thornton were the other players on the squad. That squad beat a team of Isaiah Thomas, John Salmons, Willie Reed, Francisco Garcia and Cyril Awere. The final score was 7-2.
Robinson was also at small forward during the session open to the media Tuesday in Sacramento.
The question there is whether Robinson has the lateral speed to keep up with small forwards. He’d have to be matched up against similar big lineups. Basically, if it’s against the Hornets, that could work. But it’s a weird lineup because it’s essentially three non-tall-for-their-position players in one lineup. If Robinson has some range, though, that would help tremendously.
Additionally, that lineup would have all of the rebounds, ever. Maybe that’s the plan. Get all of the rebounds, and then just let Thomas and Thornton shoot over and over again.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11