Oct 7, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
The Kings are apparently thinking about going with a super-big lineup. From the Sacramento Bee:
Don’t rule out Thomas Robinson seeing time at small forward during the preseason. During one 5-on-5 session, Robinson was the small forward with Chuck Hayes and DeMarcus Cousins the other frontcourt players. Jimmer Fredette and Marcus Thornton were the other players on the squad. That squad beat a team of Isaiah Thomas, John Salmons, Willie Reed, Francisco Garcia and Cyril Awere. The final score was 7-2.
Robinson was also at small forward during the session open to the media Tuesday in Sacramento.
The question there is whether Robinson has the lateral speed to keep up with small forwards. He’d have to be matched up against similar big lineups. Basically, if it’s against the Hornets, that could work. But it’s a weird lineup because it’s essentially three non-tall-for-their-position players in one lineup. If Robinson has some range, though, that would help tremendously.
Additionally, that lineup would have all of the rebounds, ever. Maybe that’s the plan. Get all of the rebounds, and then just let Thomas and Thornton shoot over and over again.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 21
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25