Oct 7, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
The Kings are apparently thinking about going with a super-big lineup. From the Sacramento Bee:
Don’t rule out Thomas Robinson seeing time at small forward during the preseason. During one 5-on-5 session, Robinson was the small forward with Chuck Hayes and DeMarcus Cousins the other frontcourt players. Jimmer Fredette and Marcus Thornton were the other players on the squad. That squad beat a team of Isaiah Thomas, John Salmons, Willie Reed, Francisco Garcia and Cyril Awere. The final score was 7-2.
Robinson was also at small forward during the session open to the media Tuesday in Sacramento.
The question there is whether Robinson has the lateral speed to keep up with small forwards. He’d have to be matched up against similar big lineups. Basically, if it’s against the Hornets, that could work. But it’s a weird lineup because it’s essentially three non-tall-for-their-position players in one lineup. If Robinson has some range, though, that would help tremendously.
Additionally, that lineup would have all of the rebounds, ever. Maybe that’s the plan. Get all of the rebounds, and then just let Thomas and Thornton shoot over and over again.
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 6
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 13
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 19
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 52
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 4
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 17
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5