Oct 5, 2012, 2:07 PM EDT
The headline is a little misleading, Chris Paul doesn’t cut a swath through L.A. in this video, just Venice Beach. Which is it’s own, interesting, subset of Los Angeles. It’s one of the most visited, most iconic parts of L.A., but it’s not L.A. No one place is. That’s the great thing about the city.
This commercial is for the launch of the new For the CP3.VI shoe. Nike found a lot of Chris-Paul look-alikes — his size and body style are not so unusual, you can’t do this commercial for Blake Griffin — to create a live-action freeze frame that has a really cool effect.
Hat tip to Henry Abbott TrueHoop.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30