Oct 5, 2012, 2:07 PM EST
The headline is a little misleading, Chris Paul doesn’t cut a swath through L.A. in this video, just Venice Beach. Which is it’s own, interesting, subset of Los Angeles. It’s one of the most visited, most iconic parts of L.A., but it’s not L.A. No one place is. That’s the great thing about the city.
This commercial is for the launch of the new For the CP3.VI shoe. Nike found a lot of Chris-Paul look-alikes — his size and body style are not so unusual, you can’t do this commercial for Blake Griffin — to create a live-action freeze frame that has a really cool effect.
Hat tip to Henry Abbott TrueHoop.
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 16
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 21
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)