Oct 5, 2012, 2:07 PM EDT
The headline is a little misleading, Chris Paul doesn’t cut a swath through L.A. in this video, just Venice Beach. Which is it’s own, interesting, subset of Los Angeles. It’s one of the most visited, most iconic parts of L.A., but it’s not L.A. No one place is. That’s the great thing about the city.
This commercial is for the launch of the new For the CP3.VI shoe. Nike found a lot of Chris-Paul look-alikes — his size and body style are not so unusual, you can’t do this commercial for Blake Griffin — to create a live-action freeze frame that has a really cool effect.
Hat tip to Henry Abbott TrueHoop.
- Klay Thompson should not have been allowed to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 0
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 12
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 10
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 45
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 23
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 12
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 63
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 73