Oct 5, 2012, 2:07 PM EDT
The headline is a little misleading, Chris Paul doesn’t cut a swath through L.A. in this video, just Venice Beach. Which is it’s own, interesting, subset of Los Angeles. It’s one of the most visited, most iconic parts of L.A., but it’s not L.A. No one place is. That’s the great thing about the city.
This commercial is for the launch of the new For the CP3.VI shoe. Nike found a lot of Chris-Paul look-alikes — his size and body style are not so unusual, you can’t do this commercial for Blake Griffin — to create a live-action freeze frame that has a really cool effect.
Hat tip to Henry Abbott TrueHoop.
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 0
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 2
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 3
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22