Oct 5, 2012, 9:26 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Kobe Bryant has sat out the last couple of Lakers practices with a sore foot. It’s not considered serious and if you think it would keep him out of a regular season game then I’m pretty sure you have him confused with another Kobe. That said, it brings up the point that Mike Brown is going to have to reduce Kobe’s minutes, keep Steve Nash‘s in control and generally not run guys into the ground this season (as he did Kobe and Gasol last season). He needs to coach for June like Gregg Popovich Doc Rivers.
• Speaking of television, the Maloof brothers ended up in some pretty funny dialogue on 30 Rock.
• Gregg Popovich passed out DVD’s of the presidential debate to every member of the Spurs.
• Marcus Camby sat out the Knicks Friday practice. Nothing serious, and at his age Mike Woodson needs to get him rest all season.
• Chauncey Billups went through a full practice and scrimmage with the Clippers. That’s a good sign for his return.
• Not really a surprise, but Warriors coach Mark Jackson confirmed Klay Thompson is his starting shooting guard.
• By the way, Wall said the stress fracture in his patella comes from the wear and tear of strenuous workouts.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16