Oct 5, 2012, 9:26 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Kobe Bryant has sat out the last couple of Lakers practices with a sore foot. It’s not considered serious and if you think it would keep him out of a regular season game then I’m pretty sure you have him confused with another Kobe. That said, it brings up the point that Mike Brown is going to have to reduce Kobe’s minutes, keep Steve Nash‘s in control and generally not run guys into the ground this season (as he did Kobe and Gasol last season). He needs to coach for June like Gregg Popovich Doc Rivers.
• Speaking of television, the Maloof brothers ended up in some pretty funny dialogue on 30 Rock.
• Gregg Popovich passed out DVD’s of the presidential debate to every member of the Spurs.
• Marcus Camby sat out the Knicks Friday practice. Nothing serious, and at his age Mike Woodson needs to get him rest all season.
• Chauncey Billups went through a full practice and scrimmage with the Clippers. That’s a good sign for his return.
• Not really a surprise, but Warriors coach Mark Jackson confirmed Klay Thompson is his starting shooting guard.
• By the way, Wall said the stress fracture in his patella comes from the wear and tear of strenuous workouts.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 0
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 10
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 17
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8