Oct 4, 2012, 3:49 PM EDT
Mario Chalmers is the Heats’ whipping boy.
LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, pretty much all the Heat players are not shy about yelling at Chalmers. He’s no rookie anymore — he has a ring and he’s hit big shots for the Heat — but he makes the little mistakes that infuriate veterans, and they let him have it. All the time.
On media day, Chalmers said he hoped the veterans would tone it down this year.
“If he’s grown up in the last year, then it will tone down,” James said, laughing. “It’s that simple. If he doesn’t want that type of reaction from me or—”
“Yeah, I could do a better job of that as well,” James said. “I understand. I could do a better job of that. But I don’t do it just to do it. He messes up sometimes. But he comes through for me, though.”
Is LeBron maturing as a team leader? Well, that or he’s gotten soft in his old age.
The real test? How much does Ray Allen start yelling at Chalmers?
- Report: DeAndre Jordan “on verge ” of taking max deal to join Dallas Mavericks 24
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 11
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 8
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 5
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 22
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 55
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0