Oct 4, 2012, 3:49 PM EDT
Mario Chalmers is the Heats’ whipping boy.
LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, pretty much all the Heat players are not shy about yelling at Chalmers. He’s no rookie anymore — he has a ring and he’s hit big shots for the Heat — but he makes the little mistakes that infuriate veterans, and they let him have it. All the time.
On media day, Chalmers said he hoped the veterans would tone it down this year.
“If he’s grown up in the last year, then it will tone down,” James said, laughing. “It’s that simple. If he doesn’t want that type of reaction from me or—”
“Yeah, I could do a better job of that as well,” James said. “I understand. I could do a better job of that. But I don’t do it just to do it. He messes up sometimes. But he comes through for me, though.”
Is LeBron maturing as a team leader? Well, that or he’s gotten soft in his old age.
The real test? How much does Ray Allen start yelling at Chalmers?
- Report: Dwight Howard told Lakers GM he was frustrated with D’Antoni 1
- Durant, Thunder players tweet out support for Oklahoma City 5
- Brothers allege entourage of Damian Lillard beat them for taking his picture 17
- Amar’e Stoudemire still thinks Knicks’ front court trio can work 17
- Report: Dwight Howard not going to Clippers… did we need a report for that? 18
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (87)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (73)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay