Oct 4, 2012, 7:59 AM EDT
If you haven’t seen it, The Association is NBA TV’s version of the HBO/NFL show “Hard Knocks.” And let’s be clear, Hard Knocks is better for two key reasons: 1) That show is run by HBO, where The Association is run by the NBA which scrubs anything vaguely controversial or embarrassing from the show; 2) In the NBA contracts are guaranteed for the most part so there is no drama about who makes the roster (cuts are a key part of Hard Knocks).
That said, The Association is pretty good stuff and with the show coming to Brooklyn this year it might be a little better — new roster, new city, lots of interest and a pretty good team. If the trailer is any indication, this has potential. The first episode airs on Oct. 16.
Hat tip to SLAM.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 61
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8