Oct 4, 2012, 7:59 AM EST
If you haven’t seen it, The Association is NBA TV’s version of the HBO/NFL show “Hard Knocks.” And let’s be clear, Hard Knocks is better for two key reasons: 1) That show is run by HBO, where The Association is run by the NBA which scrubs anything vaguely controversial or embarrassing from the show; 2) In the NBA contracts are guaranteed for the most part so there is no drama about who makes the roster (cuts are a key part of Hard Knocks).
That said, The Association is pretty good stuff and with the show coming to Brooklyn this year it might be a little better — new roster, new city, lots of interest and a pretty good team. If the trailer is any indication, this has potential. The first episode airs on Oct. 16.
Hat tip to SLAM.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 6
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 32
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10