Oct 4, 2012, 7:59 AM EDT
If you haven’t seen it, The Association is NBA TV’s version of the HBO/NFL show “Hard Knocks.” And let’s be clear, Hard Knocks is better for two key reasons: 1) That show is run by HBO, where The Association is run by the NBA which scrubs anything vaguely controversial or embarrassing from the show; 2) In the NBA contracts are guaranteed for the most part so there is no drama about who makes the roster (cuts are a key part of Hard Knocks).
That said, The Association is pretty good stuff and with the show coming to Brooklyn this year it might be a little better — new roster, new city, lots of interest and a pretty good team. If the trailer is any indication, this has potential. The first episode airs on Oct. 16.
Hat tip to SLAM.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9