Oct 4, 2012, 7:59 AM EDT
If you haven’t seen it, The Association is NBA TV’s version of the HBO/NFL show “Hard Knocks.” And let’s be clear, Hard Knocks is better for two key reasons: 1) That show is run by HBO, where The Association is run by the NBA which scrubs anything vaguely controversial or embarrassing from the show; 2) In the NBA contracts are guaranteed for the most part so there is no drama about who makes the roster (cuts are a key part of Hard Knocks).
That said, The Association is pretty good stuff and with the show coming to Brooklyn this year it might be a little better — new roster, new city, lots of interest and a pretty good team. If the trailer is any indication, this has potential. The first episode airs on Oct. 16.
Hat tip to SLAM.
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 3
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 2
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 10
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 7