Oct 4, 2012, 7:59 AM EDT
If you haven’t seen it, The Association is NBA TV’s version of the HBO/NFL show “Hard Knocks.” And let’s be clear, Hard Knocks is better for two key reasons: 1) That show is run by HBO, where The Association is run by the NBA which scrubs anything vaguely controversial or embarrassing from the show; 2) In the NBA contracts are guaranteed for the most part so there is no drama about who makes the roster (cuts are a key part of Hard Knocks).
That said, The Association is pretty good stuff and with the show coming to Brooklyn this year it might be a little better — new roster, new city, lots of interest and a pretty good team. If the trailer is any indication, this has potential. The first episode airs on Oct. 16.
Hat tip to SLAM.
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 0
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 8
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 38
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 13