Oct 4, 2012, 9:36 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Stephen Jackson, sixth man? Maybe. Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said the season will start that way.
• DeAndre Jordan has reported to Clippers training camp 30 pounds lighter than he finished last season. Which is good for the Clippers, he is a huge key for them this season, they can’t bench him in the playoffs like they did for Reggie Evans last season.
• Since we’re talking Clippers, here is Blake Griffin talking about how the team has become a free agent destination.
• Here’s the story of how Boyz II Men helped Michael Jordan and Nike sell a lot of shoes.
• If you didn’t see the ESPN 30 for 30 production “Broke” about pro athletes who burn through their earnings, find it and tune in. It’s really fantastic. But I’m not sure Delonte West really got the message.
• Along those “Broke” lines, here is Antoine Walker talking on ESPN about how he burned through $111 million in career earnings.
• So who is the Magic’s new starting center? For the first exhibition (in Mexico City), Gustavo Ayón will start.
• I am seriously excited to see the new “Lincoln” film.
• The Timberwolves held Malcolm Lee out of Thursday’s practice because of a mild groin injury.
• Forum Blue & Gold is looking at the greatest Lakers role players in history.
• Ernest Hemingway talks flopping in the NBA.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 18
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 37
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85