Oct 4, 2012, 9:36 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Stephen Jackson, sixth man? Maybe. Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said the season will start that way.
• DeAndre Jordan has reported to Clippers training camp 30 pounds lighter than he finished last season. Which is good for the Clippers, he is a huge key for them this season, they can’t bench him in the playoffs like they did for Reggie Evans last season.
• Since we’re talking Clippers, here is Blake Griffin talking about how the team has become a free agent destination.
• Here’s the story of how Boyz II Men helped Michael Jordan and Nike sell a lot of shoes.
• If you didn’t see the ESPN 30 for 30 production “Broke” about pro athletes who burn through their earnings, find it and tune in. It’s really fantastic. But I’m not sure Delonte West really got the message.
• Along those “Broke” lines, here is Antoine Walker talking on ESPN about how he burned through $111 million in career earnings.
• So who is the Magic’s new starting center? For the first exhibition (in Mexico City), Gustavo Ayón will start.
• I am seriously excited to see the new “Lincoln” film.
• The Timberwolves held Malcolm Lee out of Thursday’s practice because of a mild groin injury.
• Forum Blue & Gold is looking at the greatest Lakers role players in history.
• Ernest Hemingway talks flopping in the NBA.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 0
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 40
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 53
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16