Oct 3, 2012, 8:01 AM EDT
The Brooklyn Nets have a really good official team Web site. Ben Couch and the guys provide good content, plus they have all the usual stuff (roster, schedule, etc.)
But that’s not what you get if you go to Nets.com. You get what you see to the right (and below).
That domain name belongs to what appears to be a Russian company, and you get a picture of Mark Cuban sticking his tounge out and Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov getting called out on a Russian mistress scandal.
Trey Kerby at The Basketball Jones did the reasarch so you don’t have to
People are saying that Mark Cuban bought Nets.com to mess with his newest rival, but there is absolutely no way that’s the case. One, the WhoIs data shows the site to be in the hands of Cyber Mesa Computer Systems, who have owned the site since 1994 and will continue to own it until 2014. Two, the site is in broken English and Russian, which means a) there’s no way it was Mark Cuban unless this is a too-clever part of the ruse and b) it was probably a Russian.
I bet the Russian group (although they have owned the site for 8 years. Either way, pretty funny.
- Phil Jackson says he has not heard from Carmelo, has tried to recruit Gasol 14
- With lower-than-expected salary cap, will Rockets and Pelicans still complete Omer Asik trade? 17
- Reports: LeBron James and agent done meeting with teams 79
- Rockets can’t keep Dwight Howard, James Harden and Chandler Parsons and give Chris Bosh max contract 46
- Donald Sterling in court calls wife “pig,” promises to sue NBA “until I die” 43
- Report: LeBron James leaves meeting with Pat Riley without committing to Heat 86
- Report: Mavericks shake up Rockets’ free-agent plans, agree to offer sheet with Chandler Parsons 42
- Gregg Popovich agrees to extension with Spurs, likely stays past Tim Duncan era 32