Oct 3, 2012, 8:01 AM EDT
The Brooklyn Nets have a really good official team Web site. Ben Couch and the guys provide good content, plus they have all the usual stuff (roster, schedule, etc.)
But that’s not what you get if you go to Nets.com. You get what you see to the right (and below).
That domain name belongs to what appears to be a Russian company, and you get a picture of Mark Cuban sticking his tounge out and Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov getting called out on a Russian mistress scandal.
Trey Kerby at The Basketball Jones did the reasarch so you don’t have to
People are saying that Mark Cuban bought Nets.com to mess with his newest rival, but there is absolutely no way that’s the case. One, the WhoIs data shows the site to be in the hands of Cyber Mesa Computer Systems, who have owned the site since 1994 and will continue to own it until 2014. Two, the site is in broken English and Russian, which means a) there’s no way it was Mark Cuban unless this is a too-clever part of the ruse and b) it was probably a Russian.
I bet the Russian group (although they have owned the site for 8 years. Either way, pretty funny.
- Dwight Howard’s drivers’ license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 0
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 47
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16