Oct 3, 2012, 8:01 AM EST
The Brooklyn Nets have a really good official team Web site. Ben Couch and the guys provide good content, plus they have all the usual stuff (roster, schedule, etc.)
But that’s not what you get if you go to Nets.com. You get what you see to the right (and below).
That domain name belongs to what appears to be a Russian company, and you get a picture of Mark Cuban sticking his tounge out and Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov getting called out on a Russian mistress scandal.
Trey Kerby at The Basketball Jones did the reasarch so you don’t have to
People are saying that Mark Cuban bought Nets.com to mess with his newest rival, but there is absolutely no way that’s the case. One, the WhoIs data shows the site to be in the hands of Cyber Mesa Computer Systems, who have owned the site since 1994 and will continue to own it until 2014. Two, the site is in broken English and Russian, which means a) there’s no way it was Mark Cuban unless this is a too-clever part of the ruse and b) it was probably a Russian.
I bet the Russian group (although they have owned the site for 8 years. Either way, pretty funny.
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 23
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 34
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 19