Oct 3, 2012, 8:01 AM EDT
The Brooklyn Nets have a really good official team Web site. Ben Couch and the guys provide good content, plus they have all the usual stuff (roster, schedule, etc.)
But that’s not what you get if you go to Nets.com. You get what you see to the right (and below).
That domain name belongs to what appears to be a Russian company, and you get a picture of Mark Cuban sticking his tounge out and Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov getting called out on a Russian mistress scandal.
Trey Kerby at The Basketball Jones did the reasarch so you don’t have to
People are saying that Mark Cuban bought Nets.com to mess with his newest rival, but there is absolutely no way that’s the case. One, the WhoIs data shows the site to be in the hands of Cyber Mesa Computer Systems, who have owned the site since 1994 and will continue to own it until 2014. Two, the site is in broken English and Russian, which means a) there’s no way it was Mark Cuban unless this is a too-clever part of the ruse and b) it was probably a Russian.
I bet the Russian group (although they have owned the site for 8 years. Either way, pretty funny.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 27
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18