Oct 3, 2012, 1:54 PM EDT
It’s now official — Rasheed Wallace is a New York Knick.
After missing one day of training camp while his agent and the Knicks argued over whatever (the money was set as a veteran minimum deal of $1.7 million) the two sides worked it out the team announced, and Wallace was at practice for the Knicks Wednesday. Wearing No. 36 and with his sweats halfway up his calves in a trademark look.
It brings another veteran into the Knicks locker room. And makes them old. I mean really old. Oldest team in NBA history. This summer they have added Jason Kidd (age 39), Kurt Thomas (39), Marcus Camby (38), Wallace (38), and Argentinian “rookie” Pablo Prigioni (35).
Veterans on the roster does help win titles. A few veterans anyway. But over the course of a long season a lot of coaches like to turn to their young bench to soak up minutes and give weary starters a rest on back-to-backs or four games in five night road trips. Good luck doing that Mike Woodson.
But the Knicks have Sheed, and so the league just got more entertaining.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 2
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48