Oct 3, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Heck, I’d pay to see this. Maybe more than the Heat/Clippers exhibition games that tip off in China in just more than a week.
Allen Iverson and Jason Williams are going to play in an exhibition game in Beijing against Stephon Marbury and his team, the Beijing Ducks. Other guys playing on the NBA alumni team you may know include Damon Jones, Shane Burrell and J. R. Reid.
The NBA is trying to spread it’s brand in China and has been for years, hence sending two of its most popular teams and some very popular players — LeBron James, Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade (who may not play as he recovers from knee surgery) — there before the season.
But like I said, if you’re forced to watch meaningless games wouldn’t your rather watch Iverson and Marbury put on a show?
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32