Oct 3, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Heck, I’d pay to see this. Maybe more than the Heat/Clippers exhibition games that tip off in China in just more than a week.
Allen Iverson and Jason Williams are going to play in an exhibition game in Beijing against Stephon Marbury and his team, the Beijing Ducks. Other guys playing on the NBA alumni team you may know include Damon Jones, Shane Burrell and J. R. Reid.
The NBA is trying to spread it’s brand in China and has been for years, hence sending two of its most popular teams and some very popular players — LeBron James, Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade (who may not play as he recovers from knee surgery) — there before the season.
But like I said, if you’re forced to watch meaningless games wouldn’t your rather watch Iverson and Marbury put on a show?
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 17
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 42
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 23
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 19
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23