Oct 3, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Heck, I’d pay to see this. Maybe more than the Heat/Clippers exhibition games that tip off in China in just more than a week.
Allen Iverson and Jason Williams are going to play in an exhibition game in Beijing against Stephon Marbury and his team, the Beijing Ducks. Other guys playing on the NBA alumni team you may know include Damon Jones, Shane Burrell and J. R. Reid.
The NBA is trying to spread it’s brand in China and has been for years, hence sending two of its most popular teams and some very popular players — LeBron James, Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade (who may not play as he recovers from knee surgery) — there before the season.
But like I said, if you’re forced to watch meaningless games wouldn’t your rather watch Iverson and Marbury put on a show?
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 3
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 10
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 4
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18