Oct 3, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
Sad news out of Memphis. Dana Davis, the Grizzlies vice president of basketball operations, was discovered dead in his apartment, reports the Memphis Commercial Appeal.
He was 56 and no foul play is suspected. He had not been seen since Tuesday afternoon and both Grizzlies employees and the Memphis police entered his apartment to find him, according to the CA.
Davis, nicknamed “Double D,” was in charge of development programs for the Grizzlies and plus he took care of the road accommodations and everything needed when the team traveled. He also was on the board of the National Civil Rights Museum.
Our condolences to the Grizzlies and Davis family.
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 6
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 6
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 4
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 7
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 46
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 5
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19