Oct 3, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
Sad news out of Memphis. Dana Davis, the Grizzlies vice president of basketball operations, was discovered dead in his apartment, reports the Memphis Commercial Appeal.
He was 56 and no foul play is suspected. He had not been seen since Tuesday afternoon and both Grizzlies employees and the Memphis police entered his apartment to find him, according to the CA.
Davis, nicknamed “Double D,” was in charge of development programs for the Grizzlies and plus he took care of the road accommodations and everything needed when the team traveled. He also was on the board of the National Civil Rights Museum.
Our condolences to the Grizzlies and Davis family.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 1
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 31
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40