Oct 3, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
Sad news out of Memphis. Dana Davis, the Grizzlies vice president of basketball operations, was discovered dead in his apartment, reports the Memphis Commercial Appeal.
He was 56 and no foul play is suspected. He had not been seen since Tuesday afternoon and both Grizzlies employees and the Memphis police entered his apartment to find him, according to the CA.
Davis, nicknamed “Double D,” was in charge of development programs for the Grizzlies and plus he took care of the road accommodations and everything needed when the team traveled. He also was on the board of the National Civil Rights Museum.
Our condolences to the Grizzlies and Davis family.
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 1
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 44
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 43