Oct 3, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
Sad news out of Memphis. Dana Davis, the Grizzlies vice president of basketball operations, was discovered dead in his apartment, reports the Memphis Commercial Appeal.
He was 56 and no foul play is suspected. He had not been seen since Tuesday afternoon and both Grizzlies employees and the Memphis police entered his apartment to find him, according to the CA.
Davis, nicknamed “Double D,” was in charge of development programs for the Grizzlies and plus he took care of the road accommodations and everything needed when the team traveled. He also was on the board of the National Civil Rights Museum.
Our condolences to the Grizzlies and Davis family.
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 0
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 6
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 21