Oct 3, 2012, 10:00 PM EST
Sad news out of Memphis. Dana Davis, the Grizzlies vice president of basketball operations, was discovered dead in his apartment, reports the Memphis Commercial Appeal.
He was 56 and no foul play is suspected. He had not been seen since Tuesday afternoon and both Grizzlies employees and the Memphis police entered his apartment to find him, according to the CA.
Davis, nicknamed “Double D,” was in charge of development programs for the Grizzlies and plus he took care of the road accommodations and everything needed when the team traveled. He also was on the board of the National Civil Rights Museum.
Our condolences to the Grizzlies and Davis family.
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 16
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 21
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)